“A must see for and Chicago sports fan”
Review of Mac's Pub and Grub

Mac's Pub and Grub
Ranked #182 of 926 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Pub
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
“A must see for and Chicago sports fan”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

As I turned the corner and seen that gorgeous Blue and Orange C I knew I was home. An Irish Chicago bar in the middle of downtown, heaven. Food was incredible as well. Stuffed pretzels, mind blowing. Must try fo sho!

“What a joke....stay away unless you're really not hungry or thirsty!”
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Went in with my family in the Friday night of the NCAA Sweet Sixteen. It took 20 minutes for a waiter to even show up at which point we were told that the manager had taken the night off and only staffed 2 waiters and 2 bartenders. The place was packed and somehow it hadn't occurred to management that this could be a busy night. At 7:30 they tried to call in more servers but it was too late. After they took our order, we found out 30 minutes later that the waiter never even put it in because he was so busy that he forgot to do it. Easily one of the worst restaurant experiences I've ever had. Stay away!

Raleigh, North Carolina
“"Not good at all"”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We were in Charleston and tried to find a pub-like restaurant to eat at for lunch. It was not crowded at all, 2 tables with people and 2 people at the bar. Noticed 4 tables were not cleaned and still had dirty glasses and plates on them. Our order was taken, Took 15 min before our iced tea was brought to us. Took another 25 min for our food to arrive. Meanwhile a family of 4 got up and left saying 'never mind' to the server. They were there before us and never received their food. Quality of service is the worst ever. Please eat elsewhere!

• Visited March 2013
Venice, Florida
“Great sports bar”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Ok, I am biased. We found this place and loved it because the owner, and our bartender, were from Chicago - our home town. Great sports memorabilia. We only had drinks, no food. But, I certainly would go back again as the atmohere was wonderful.

Visited February 2013
Chicago
“A Must for Chicago Bears Fans”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

While on vacation in Charleston, we were looking for a place to watch the Chicago Bears play. I googled it and came up with Mac's. Watched the Bears beat Minnesota a few weeks ago and had a blast.. Lots of the customers were in Bears jerseys and every TV but one had the Bears on.. We met several friendly people and had some delicious appetizers. I'm not a beer drinker but it looked like they had a huge selection. Macaroni and cheese bites are pretty good. So is the cheese filled pretzel. If I lived in Charleston this would be my home away from home on Sundays!

• Visited November 2012