“Mediocre”

Cuisines: Pub
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Reviewed 4 April 2013

False advertisement on the menu for specials and not great service. Food was ok for bar food. Wouldn't waste my time there.

There are newer reviews for Mac's Pub and Grub

Reviewed 1 April 2013

As I turned the corner and seen that gorgeous Blue and Orange C I knew I was home. An Irish Chicago bar in the middle of downtown, heaven. Food was incredible as well. Stuffed pretzels, mind blowing. Must try fo sho!

Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Went in with my family in the Friday night of the NCAA Sweet Sixteen. It took 20 minutes for a waiter to even show up at which point we were told that the manager had taken the night off and only staffed 2 waiters and 2 bartenders. The place was packed and somehow it hadn't occurred to management that this could be a busy night. At 7:30 they tried to call in more servers but it was too late. After they took our order, we found out 30 minutes later that the waiter never even put it in because he was so busy that he forgot to do it. Easily one of the worst restaurant experiences I've ever had. Stay away!

Reviewed 29 March 2013

We were in Charleston and tried to find a pub-like restaurant to eat at for lunch. It was not crowded at all, 2 tables with people and 2 people at the bar. Noticed 4 tables were not cleaned and still had dirty glasses and plates on them. Our order was taken, Took 15 min before our iced tea was brought to us. Took another 25 min for our food to arrive. Meanwhile a family of 4 got up and left saying 'never mind' to the server. They were there before us and never received their food. Quality of service is the worst ever. Please eat elsewhere!

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Ok, I am biased. We found this place and loved it because the owner, and our bartender, were from Chicago - our home town. Great sports memorabilia. We only had drinks, no food. But, I certainly would go back again as the atmohere was wonderful.