“Mills House in Historic Charleston **awesome value”

The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel
Ranked #22 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I arrived in Charleston two days ago and stopped by two hotels looking for accomodations for one night. The third hotel was the Mills House near King and Queen intersection. The front desk person Erica was uniguely and sincerely helpful and I decided to look at a room and then decided to stay two nights. The room has these high ceiling and decorated like southern charm while still not feeling stuffy, gorgeous lobby and close to every historical spot. I had breakfast here one and there are two restaurants (Poogan Porche and Hurst House) on like 30 feet away.

Room Tip: My tip is to definitely check this out. I stayed on the second floor near an outdoor pool with gorge...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel

Reviewed 24 October 2011

The Mills House Historic Hotel is an exemplary example of a luxurious hotel for business travelers, tourists, and locals alike. Upon entering the grandiose lobby, you are swept away to the genteel antebellum past and charm.

I have heard it said that an inoculation to the sights and smells of the Carolina lowcountry is an almost irreversible antidote to the charms of other landscapes. You can be moved profoundly by other vistas, by other oceans, by soaring mountain ranges, but you can never be seduced.
The Historic Mills House and staff is as charming, as Charleston itself. Erica, at the front desk, was extremely accommodating and strives to make your stay memorable. She occasionally checked to see that my needs were attended to without being obtrusive. And she was an ace at adjusting my bill correctly. Since I travel using my corporate card, we have very strict guidelines as to what can and cannot be on the card. It’s imperative that a bill be correctly before submittal. Thank you so much, Erica, for taking the time to adjust my billing--for business travelers it our highest priority!

I can’t recommend this hotel highly enough due to the excellent hospitality!!! Ross, with the Bell staff, was a lifesaver several times! I am due to be at work very early in the morning and he, personally, made sure my car was waiting EVERY morning. He even made sure I received newspapers, accurate copies of billing, printed directions, menus of surrounding restaurants, reservations etc. He really goes above and beyond to ensure that your needs are met. A+ in Customer Service!!! The friendly relaxed atmosphere makes the hotel a home away from home.

I can’t recommend this hotel highly enough due to the excellent hospitality! And would not consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This hotel is in a great downtown location. The overall ambience is good and the hotel has charm. I stayed in a suite, which was very comfortable, quiet and clean. I stayed on a business trip, but next time I must bring my wife.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 20 October 2011

We really appreciated the front desk team--they were friendly, informative and they appreciated our loyalty to their hotel. They offered us an umbrella for a rainy day, make recommendations for brunch and also for the many tour bus offerings....all were great. We will definitely stay here again...the lobby is stunning...rooms are definitely older, but the hotel has done a great job maintaining the historic building...and you are right in the center of it all! Well done.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2011

A well decorated hotel ,in the centre of Charleston.We could not have picked a better hotel for position ,comfort,and friendly staff.Breakfast was great in a nicely decorated room.Outdoor garden lounge perfect for drinks.We travelled from Australia across the U S and Mill House was one of the best.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2011

This was just an impromptu stay after driving to Charleston on a whim - a day by the water and seeing the area. The hotel was comfortable, clean, and modern. Perfect bathroom with an extra tall shower and all the amenities needed. Will stay again for sure :)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2011

when we arrived (2 couples) at the Miiis House it started to sprinkle as my brother and I got of the SUV 2 minutes later a summer down pour started.As we waited for it to stop one of the bellmen ask if he could help I said no waiting for the rain to stop to get the ladies He went and got the car turned it around and pulled next to the curb,held auberla so the ladies would not get wet and have to wait untell the rain stoped.
This one of many thing the hotel staff did durning our stay.I have neve stayed anywhere where EVERY dept was excellent. Will never stay anywhere elsei in Charleston SC

Mo &PA West Kentucky