“Beautiful Hotel in Great Location”

The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel
Ranked #20 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My friend and I were there for 3 nights. We were greeted immediately and were helped with car and luggage to registration. Service was great the entire time. The room we had was a bit small but very well appointed. The best part was that the room we were in had a small patio by the pool. My friend and I enjoyed the pool every afternoon as it was very hot in the afternoon which made touring Charleston in the hot weather a little unbearable so we were grateful for the pool. We had a great hotel package that included $50 credit per night and valet parking. We used our credit for breakfast and drinks before dinner which we enjoyed a lot. On our last night stay, an Edward Jones conference was beginning and our experience at the hotel changed. The conference basically "overtook" the hotel, and as non-conference guests we did not get the same service or amenities. There were conference attendees having a noisy party by the pool at 2:45 am. The good news is that when I complained to the front desk, they took care of it immediately. But the noise in the hallways late at night could not be helped by the hotel. Additionally, the Edward Jones crowd had their breakfast held in the area where we had breakfast the previous 2 days and we as non-conference guests had breakfast in the "parlor" which was a make-shift area for breakfast. While the breakfast servers did their best, it was clear that the hotel was not prepared for this. I am glad that I was at the hotel prior to the conference because I think I would have checked out if we were there simultaneously for our entire stay. WHEN MAKING A RESERVATION, ASK IF A CONFERENCE WILL BE GOING ON.

Room Tip: If you'll be spending time at the pool, ask for a pool-side room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Alfonce M, Front Office Manager at The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

We thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review. I want to give a sincere apology for your experience toward the end of your stay. We look to provide a balance of equal service for our guest and it seems we failed you in doing so. I cannot change the past, but I can use this feedback to improve our staff for future events. Thank you again and I hope to have the pleasure of having you and your family again as guest.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,567)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed here a couple weeks ago for a friend's wedding and I really enjoyed my stay! Like pretty much everything else in Charleston, it has a lot of charm while still being modern. It's within walking distance to Market Street and many restaurants and shops. I didn't rent a car but found it easy to explore the city on foot from here. I noticed on here a few reviews about the valet--my friends who did have cars and were staying here did say it took them quite a while to retrieve their cars from valet. (45 minutes in one person's case!) However, there is a self park garage next to the hotel (I would recommend that). Aside from that, the service at this hotel is quite good. In fact, a small shout out to the wait staff who worked my friend's reception--they were always checking to see if we needed refills on wine, water and other beverages. Pool is great...I'd stay here again if I returned to Charleston.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melissa M
Alfonce M, Front Office Manager at The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for such a nice review. We are glad to see that our catering staff was more than accommodating during your stay. I want to apologize for the long wait in valet, it was a very busy weekend and our team fell short with the volume of calls. We want you to know that the wait time you experienced was not a normal occurrence and we will be sure to provide a better service on your next trip to Charleston. Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We celebrated our anniversary at the Mills House and it was great. The hotel is clean and very impressive with a beautiful courtyard. We had breakfast in the courtyard and drinks in the Barbados lounge. The location of the hotel is perfect. A nice jog every morning down to Battery row and then a short walk to the market and all of the restaurants and great pubs.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Congratulations on your Anniversary! We are so elated that you decided to spend such a special occasion with us. We thank you for taking the time to leave a review and would love to be a part of such a joyous for many more years to come.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great place to stay and yet be able to visit area restaurants,bars, & attractions all in walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 20 June 2014