“Charleston City Overview Tour -- Loved it!”
Review of The Original Charleston Walks - CLOSED

The Original Charleston Walks
More attraction details
Owner description: The Original Charleston WalksTM feature's the city's most diverse selection of thematic walking tours. Our walking tours last approximately two hours and the distance covered is usually less than one mile at an easy stop-and-go pace. We offer the greatest variety of routes, historical themes, utter historical accuracy, and the most outstanding guides in Charleston. Our staff of friendly, professional tour guides account for more years of total experience than any other walking tour company in the city. Indeed, to tour with The Original Charleston WalksTM is to experience Charleston with the best in the business - guaranteed!
Reviewed 11 September 2008

I took the Charleston Walks' "standard" 2 hr. walking tour of Charleston and had a great time! Our tour guide, John was very knowledgable, very patient with our questions, and since we were only a group of 3, customized our tour with the places we really wanted to see ( like the alleys and the lesser known/less travelled areas) as well as including the "can't miss" highlights. Try the 1st tour of the day at 10:30 AM before the day gets too steamy, and wear your tennies and a sun hat. I sure learned a lot, and it gave me enough info to orient myself to the town so I could then walk around on my own and know where I was. Use the $3 off internet coupon at charlestonwalks.com, or call and mention you saw the coupon and you'll get the discount.

I would highly recommend this tour as the first thing to do when you get to Charleston. You'll learn a lot and learn how to get around better. Everyone I met at Charleston Walks office on Market was exceptionally nice and helpful. Try this tour for a great intro to Charleston!

4  Thank tnillini

Reviewed 26 May 2008

Legends and Ghosts evening tour was terrible. Unbelievable, not scary and not historical. Maybe it was our guide but this was the biggest waste of money ever!

1  Thank Chris N
Reviewed 21 April 2008

My husband and I enjoyed this tour,it was a little long. Our guide, Brian, was very knowledgeable.

This is a great tour for the HISTORY of pirates. We got to see some of the oldest buildings in Charleston, also with our walk/tour cost we received admisson to the Old Provost and Dungeon.

1  Thank jillmm
Reviewed 4 January 2008

Family took the Ghost tour on Christmas eve, December 24th. The guide was really into his job. His enthusiasm and story telling were superior. Although one would expect to hear many stories, he was extremely long winded and told many, too many bad jokes. He tried a little too hard and was unable to read his audience. You could tell our fellow ghost riders and our family were close to sticking their fingers in their eyes because of the lengthy stories and the bad jokes. The guides ability to tell great Charleston Ghost stories was diminished by his inability to read his audience. There was a lot of grumbling from the walkers.

2  Thank Charlestonnext
Reviewed 10 November 2007

This evening, some friends and I took the Ghosts and Legends walk, and it was unfortunately very disappointing.
The tour guide arrived late, and offered no apology or explanation. She made little effort to engage the group, and plowed along ahead of us without much conversation. She made several statements that were historically inaccurate, in spite of the fact that she was a registered tour guide. The tour was boring, the stories told with little creativity or enthusiasm. I didn't believe much, if any, or her redundantly told tales. I don't recommend this tour.

4  Thank KlaatuSC