Easy access to Historic District (1 mi. walk or free Trolley), College of Charleston, Ft. Sumter ferry (0.6 mi) and the Charleston Visitor Center.
Hot tip: We flew into CHS and took the NASH express bus ($3) to the Visitor Center. Voila! No rental car, no parking problems. Runs hourly, schedule on the CARTA website: http://www.ridecarta.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/CARTA_NASH_Express.pdf
We liked the hotel and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Front desk was great and the Concierge was priceless.
- Housekeeping slipped up a few times, failing to refill the coffee and leaving a cleaning rag behind. Small things. The room was clean and in very good condition.
- A fair amount of late night street noise for rooms facing Calhoun St. Could be a problem if you're a light sleeper (I'm not).
- No complimentary coffee in the lobby. Now that Starbucks has a " blonde" selection, it's drinkable, but would rather not have to pay.
All told, I'd recommend although the property is rather expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Historic District hotel in downtown Charleston is just steps from King Street boutique shopping, SPAWAR, Boeing and the Charleston Joint Base. It also boasts the largest Marriott Meeting space in the Historic District and offers flexible event space perfect for anything from board meetings to black-tie affairs. Our downtown Charleston hotel's exciting location makes anytime the perfect time to visit this charming Southern jewel. Conveniently located near I-26 and I-526, this Charleston hotel's historic downtown location offers breathtaking cityscapes and attractions that sparkle all year long. From sun-dappled water views of the Battery and beaches to the historic homes and gardens, visitors fall in love with all this Southern city has to offer. Tempt your palate with low-country cuisine, marvel at the city's unique culture, arts and recreation. Charleston is a distinctive destination and our Charleston downtown hotel boasts a fantastic location for business and leisure ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Courtyard Charleston Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Historic District Hotel Charleston
- Holiday Inn Charleston
- Charleston Holiday Inn