Courtyard Charleston Historic District
  • Pool
Zero George Street(Charleston)
King Charles Inn(Charleston)
1,659 results
All reviewskevin mcquadewalking tourchief conciergepublic restroomshistoric districtamazing conciergephoto opsnight tourtommy dewhis enthusiasmmorris islandconcierge serviceking streethelped us planmarriott propertiescru cafewithin walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Excellent venue and convenient location. Oatmeal was delicious with enough for two. The concierge services provided by Kevin and Amanda were prepared with excellent suggestions and superb organization.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dona709
GHoskins, Manager at Courtyard Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Dona709,

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us on your recent trip from New York.

I would agree that the oatmeal served in our Bistro Restaurant is quite delicious and the portion is easily shareable for two. The ability to add in the brown sugar, walnuts, or dried cranberries it comes with really make it a great way to start the day. Kevin and Andrea do a great job of preparing for each day and it sounds like their organization led to you getting setup with everything you needed.

Thank you for your business and we hope to see you back in Charleston soon!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I came into town from staying at a Marriott Vacation Club in Myrtle Beach and this hotel was equally as nice! It is newly renovated and didn't even look like a courtyard-beautiful! It had a nice pool, outdoor patio area, and Starbucks. Both Kevin and Andrea at the Concierege were wonderful! They are the MAIN attraction of this hotel-do not even think about staying here without paying them a visit. They will tell you what to see and do, what dishes to order from at restaurants, etc-brilliant! Also, I had a car but walked everywhere with my husband-Charleston is a very small city and the best way to see it is by walking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool for a peaceful and quiet sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GHoskins, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear hcn10,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us down from New York. Andrea and Kevin are definitely a must-see when staying at our hotel and I am so glad you were able to experience their wonderful talents. I couldn't agree more that the best way to see Charleston is by walking the cobblestone streets and taking in the beautiful homes and museums of our city. Our central location makes this so easy for our guests and I am glad you found it to be so convenient.

Thank you for your business and taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel in May with my gal pals. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The location is just off of King Street which is home to some great shopping and amazing dining experiences. While the staff is friendly and helpful, I do have a complaint about the breakfast and bar availability. As previously noted by a fellow traveller, breakfast is like ordering at a fast food counter. Another drawback is the limited hours the breakfast counter is open. It is frustrating if you would like a cup of coffee or something cold to drink in the afternoon. The bar is disappointing for similar reasons. It is a short bar with 4 seats. Adult drinks were served during a very short interval in the evening. I ordered a draft beer which cost $8. Considering the ordinary area to have breakfast or enjoy a drink in, I thought the price was excessive. Of course considering the great places to eat and drink a block away, for most folks this may be a moot point.
Having said all of that, one of the highlights of our trip to Charleston was Concierge Kevin
McQuade. I had read so many glowing reviews about his service that I felt like I knew him before we even sat down. He is the perfect example of someone who truly loves his work. His enthusiasm is contagious. Kevin's self made maps are both helpful and funny. We used one of his maps for our trip through old Charleston to the Battery. His map had many helpful directions, but the directions we got a kick out of were the directions to the best public restrooms in the area. Kevin made several arrangements for our trip that we enjoyed. Kevin finds a way to make things happen. (Ask Kevin to help you locate the Muse restaurant and Christophe's Patisserie, both are heavenly.) One very hot day I got "stranded". I tried to call a couple cab companies without success. (You cannot hail a cab in Charleston) Finally I called Kevin to give me an assist. To my utter astonishment he came to pick me up and took me to meet my friends!!! If you want Kevin's services, you might find he is always busy helping guests. It is well worth the wait to work with Kevin, you will not be disappointed! Five stars for great concierge service!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julie H
GHoskins, Manager at Courtyard Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Julie H,

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us on your trip from Salt Lake City.

Our Bistro Restaurant is open for breakfast from 6:30AM-10AM weekdays & 6:30AM-11AM on weekends to allow our guests to enjoy a fast-casual dining experience so that they can head to work or get out and enjoy the city. It is also open for dinner and drinks from 5PM-10PM Sunday-Thursday & 3PM-10PM on weekends. We also have beer & wine available 24/7 in our Market next to the Front Desk. I am sorry these hours did not meet your needs and we will continue to monitor this so that our food & beverage offerings are available to our guests during need times.

Your experience with Kevin really shows his constant to desire to do whatever it takes to make sure our guests have an enjoyable experience. Charleston is not a city where you can just hail a cab and I can imagine it would be very frustrating to be waiting in the heat for one to come by. Kevin's dedication really shines in your review and we will definitely make sure he is acknowledged for his efforts during your stay.

Thank you for your business!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Have stayed here several times. Usually when traveling for work but this trip was for a wedding.

Very new Courtyard Property, sizeable clean rooms, and probably one of the best locations in downtown Charleston. Very friendly staff, complete with a local police officer on Friday/Saturday nights (I can't even imagine why it is in a very safe location). Can't say enough good things about each and every one of them. Will absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a balcony!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GHoskins, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear matt617,

Thank you for choosing our hotel not only business, but also for pleasure!

Your kind words about our staff mean a lot and we will make sure to read your review to them during our daily meeting. We do employ a City of Charleston police officer every night of the week to add an extra level of safety and security for our guests. Our hotel does have the benefit of being located in a very safe area, but the added security allows the rest of our staff to focus on serving our guests 100% of the time.

We look forward to your next trip whether it is for business or just a weekend getaway!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We could not have been more pleased with our stay at this hotel. Concierge Kevin McQuade went above and beyond the call of duty to insure that our trip was a success. We had a top floor room with a balcony which added greatly to our time spent there. The location is good and the staff is friendly and helpful.

Dear Darlene L,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us from Kentucky.

Kevin continually looks for ways to exceed our guests' expectations and it is great to hear that he went above and beyond for you during your trip.

Our balcony rooms are available for a little more than our standard rooms are always in high demand. I always recommend paying a little extra for these rooms as you can't beat enjoying an evening beverage on these balconies while looking out over the city of Charleston.

Thank you for your business and we hope you will join us for your next couples getaway.