“One last try...”

Courtyard Charleston Historic District
Ranked #27 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Well I gave it another try and it just is not worth the money. The rooms are ok if u stay on the new wing. Walking down the hall there is a horrible overwhelming scent that appears to be masking something. Seriously I thought I would be sick! Then I was by myself and I had to park across the street(at the church) and carry my luggage from there... Did I mention it is $18 a day! No valet- that is self park. Staff is nice and knowledgable. But I think I will go back to Mt Pleasant Courtyard. It is almost half the price, free parking, and so very very clean. Yes, it is a drive but it is just not worth the $$$.

Room Tip: New wing, up high and facing the parking lot.not the street side! Too much noise!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
GHoskins, Manager at Courtyard Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Atl4316,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback from your recent stay with us here in Charleston.

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience during your stay with us. Our hotel does have a parking garage attached to the building as well as a parking lot right across the street. We are one of the few hotels in Charleston that controls their own parking and allows their guests to come and go as they please for one daily rate. The majority of downtown hotels have parking garages controlled by the City of Charleston and do charge each time you enter and exit.

It is great to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with our staff and that you found them to be so knowledgeable! I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the experience we do offer to our guests in the future and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Grant Hoskins
Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,644)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The hotel has a great staff, is perfectly located, walking distance to every place you would want to go around Charleston.

I stayed for one night and considering coming back next year again for a longer visit.

The room was cleaned, spacious and very comfortable. Good view as well!

We walk to the restaurant and then went for a long walk and sightseeing.

Beautiful place.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were walking distance to everything the historic district has to offer. The check-in was easy and the staff was friendly. The room was quiet large and the bed was comfortable. There is a Starbucks in the hotel (for coffee lovers) and the breakfast was good in the restaurant.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Great location. Excellent concierge. Nice staff. Seemed more modern than the average Courtyard. I just wish our room had been a bit cleaner (hair in tub, something on a towel, ceiling leak so moldy smell).

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Flight got cancel so came back to Charleston for one night and stayed here. Great reception at the front desk told what happen and was upgraded to a very nice suite. Very clean and new. Lobby was modern so do not expect historical feel. A 3 minute walk to King Street. Good room rate for Charleston.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed the location, cleanliness, and friendliness of this Marriott hotel. It's a great value in the Charleston area. The concierge station was really helpful in relieving the stress of planning activities for the trip - there's so much to see/do/eat in Charleston. She even made the calls for our reservations for tours and eating. My only complaint about the service is that she didn't mention any of the prices. Within 24hrs we had spent $250+ on dining and touring for two. I still believe it is a great addition to the hotel - just make sure you are upfront about your budget. We were able to modify our second day based on her recommendations and our budget which was great!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed over July 4th weekend at this wonderful hotel and it's the best value in Charleston in my opinion. The location is absolutely perfect, the hotel was spotless and the service was impeccable. I must say I've never experienced such a friendly and helpful staff at a hotel before. From the front desk all the way to management the attention we received was top notch. One of the managers, Grant, went out of his way to make sure we had a memorable stay and I will promise you we will be back! While it may not be as historic as some of the other hotels around town, i found the rooms much nicer, the people much nicer and the value unparralelled.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple