“Great staff!”

Hampton Inn Charleston - Daniel Island
Ranked #21 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I stayed here for a week of business. The breakfast every morning was great - lots of variety and tasted good too. The cleaning staff did a great job - every day I came back to my room and it looked as good as if I had never stayed there. Towels were replaced and the bed was made perfectly. The shuttle is a wonderful option into town and the driver was very courteous and informative about what to see and where to eat. I would recommend it to anyone - personal or business travel!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Anne H
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Charleston - Daniel Island

Reviewed 25 November 2012

Stayed here for a short weekend to explore Charleston, SC. It was a nice, clean hotel, friendly staff and a fairly convenient location if you plan on visiting Charleston or want to explore the beaches in Mt. Pleasant. Breakfast was average but there were alot of choices, with the typical make your own waffles. I would come back to this location again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ddoc2
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I stayed here in August with my family (spouse, 2 kids). While we found the front desk staff to be friendly, the acommodations are sub par to any Hampton Inn I've stayed in before. As a matter of fact, I've stayed in this Hampton before and specifically returned because of a past positive experience, but this time was unacceptable. First, there were bedbugs. Had I realized this prior to the day we checked out, I would have quickly left. Second, there were roaches, which they fondly term Palmetto bugs. The roaches were in our room, the breakfast area, and the lobby entrance. Third, the general manager neglected to return any of our 3 calls to him (while front desk confirmed that he was indeed onsite) in response to how rampant the bedbug problem was. Highly unprofessional management plus bugs equals a total fail on the part of this Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank lovethebeachalways
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I am the tournament housing director over SCU/MP tournaments. The Hampton Inn Daniel Island has been a very loyal and valuable preferred hotel for all of our tournaments for the past 5 years and we have never received a complaint from any of our guests coming into our tournaments. A hotel "holding" money on a card for incidentials is a very common practice among all hotels in the US as I personally work with thousands of different hotels across the country. I am sorry you feel the need to state that you will never stay at this hotel again as it is a wonderful hotel and they would be happy to have you back. Lastly, the comment " Decent hotel, expected it to be much nicer from the price", the rate/price of this hotel was reflective to the time of the year when you guys check into the hotel. Meaning, it is a high demand time in the area so rates go up because the supply is limited and also, most of the other hotels you guys had a choice to choose from were higher in rate/price unless you picked a hotel that was 20 minutes or more away from the fields. I hope to see you guys come back to our tournaments and we will closely look at another hotel option that would be a better fit for your needs.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Decent hotel, expected it to be much nicer from the price. They also charge incidentals up front which they did not inform us about. This ranges $25 per person and they refund it only after you check out. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristin E
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This is the only hotel on Daniel Island, and fortunately it's a good choice. There is free airport shuttle service and it will also take you to the tennis center, so you don't need a car. The breakfast buffet is about the best I've seen, with gluten-free options including boiled eggs, fresh fruit salad, yogurt, apples and bananas. The coffee is really good. We stayed in a suite with a kitchen and separate bedroom. It was a good arrangement except for the bathroom. The toilet and shower are in the bathroom, but the sink is in the main part of the room. One light serves both areas, so it's impossible to use the bathroom without turning on a light that might bother someone who's still sleeping. Another quirk is that there's no place to hang a towel by the sink. The bed was okay. The air conditioner was loud, but otherwise we weren't bothered by noise. The pool is clean, beach towels are available, and the poolside area is a nice place to sit and read. The staff is helpful and friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Martinelli77
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I would not stay anywhere else! I have stayed at the hotels on the beach, in Charleston proper and local resorts. The service by the staff at the Hampton Inn Daniel Island sets it apart from all others. I have been coming for about 6 years every spring. They remember the names of everyone in our large group along with the many others that flock to their hotel all at the same time! They greet them by name and we look forward to seeing them every year. They always see that everything is perfect for our trip and that our rooms are ready. We stay at least 4 to 5 days. We feel safe even returning late every night. They have warm cookies to greet us and the next day's tennis agenda on the desk.They think of just about everything! It is a home away from home. Graciousness and kindness are not adequate words to describe them and all that they have done for us not only as professionals but in others ways that are not know to the public. They are truly Charleston/Daniel Island's best kept secret.....until now!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends