“Very friendly spot and convenient for business”

Hampton Inn Charleston - Daniel Island
Ranked #20 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Perhaps it is just Southern hospitality but I felt that everyone was very helpful and friendly. Good location for traveling to downtown, the island and to the airport.

Normally restaurants near hotels are chains but Queen Anne's Revenge had very good food and a great selection of tap beer. Perhaps because it is owned by the Blackbaud group.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Fritch

Reviewed 27 January 2013

What a nice surprise. We stayed here when we were at a soccer game at the Blackbaud stadium. Right from check in it was good - warm cookies, Toblerone and bottle of water. What more could you want? The room - really two rooms, one room kitchenette, large sitting are flat screen TV and the other a roomy bedroom - was very clean and well kept. The breakfast was great with - get this whole wheat items, good fresh fruit in addtion to the eggs and ham! The only thing that was negative- to turn on the light for the bathroom, it was one switch which turned on the light over the sink which was in the same area as the bed. Kind of a drag if someone needed the bath room in the middle of the night. Great value.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2013

The entire hotel was very clean and fresh. The shuttle service is a very nice touch when you are not familiar with an area, Our driver was very knowledgeable of Charleston and told us a great deal as we were on our ride to downtown. The breakfast was just what we had hoped, hot and extremely tasteful. As usual, we were very please with our stay in the Hampton Inn,

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Whenever I'm in Charleston I stay here. It's very close to my office and to great food. The staff is always pleasant and knowledgeable about my previous stays. This is a great hotel no matter if you are traveling for business or pleasure. Plus it's close enough to downtown that you can enjoy the city but not have to pay the price.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2012

A little update from my previous review based on our last stay.

The hotel had one wing under renovation and the excercise room was closed as it too was being renovated. The hotel web site did not mention this at all and I was really hoping to use the excercise room during our 5 day stay. Other than the excercise room the renovation activities did not impact our stay. For those interested the hotel was originally built in 2001, I talked with the foreman.

The staff was excellent, they went out of their way to speak to us as we were leaving the lobby and when returning to the hotel. The room was much cleaner than the Hampton property that we had stayed at in VA the night before. The breakfast bar was well stocked and the oatmeal was fantastic. During the week Miss Lou works there and I have to say that she makes sure it is fully stocked and is such a cheerful person. This breakfast bar during the week is my favorite of any Hampton property I have stayed at and I travel a great deal. One of the few to have sugar free maple syrup too!

We have stayed here when it has been fully booked and when it has been almost empty and have enjoyed our stays and will visit this location again. Some of the previous posts have complained about the small eating area when the hotel has been booked. Iit can be crowded but one certainly can't expect them to have the space to accomodate everyone at one time since they expect a staggered use over a period of time.

We did not see any bugs, and as a frequent traveler I do check the bedding prior to unpacking. The bed was extremely comfortable and I slept we'll each night.. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OBX717
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I stayed here for a week of business. The breakfast every morning was great - lots of variety and tasted good too. The cleaning staff did a great job - every day I came back to my room and it looked as good as if I had never stayed there. Towels were replaced and the bed was made perfectly. The shuttle is a wonderful option into town and the driver was very courteous and informative about what to see and where to eat. I would recommend it to anyone - personal or business travel!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Hoge A
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Stayed here for a short weekend to explore Charleston, SC. It was a nice, clean hotel, friendly staff and a fairly convenient location if you plan on visiting Charleston or want to explore the beaches in Mt. Pleasant. Breakfast was average but there were alot of choices, with the typical make your own waffles. I would come back to this location again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple