“The lobby was very intimate and comfortable for our family”

Hampton Inn Charleston - Daniel Island
Ranked #17 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Long Island, Ny, United States
“The lobby was very intimate and comfortable for our family”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel was very comfortable and clean. The complimentary breakfast was adequate and constantly replenished. The staff was extremely helpful. The front desk clerk supplied us with complete directions and advice about things to do in and around Charleston.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 21 October 2013

my stay was prepaid by HCA. I got a bill for it on my credit card. Before i had checked out , i was told that i would not be billed. When I tried calling the hotel - the call would not go through. I called the main Hampton line and spoke to Glenda Jo. I was on wait for 30 min. she was useless. She said that there is nothing she can do because her systems were down. I asked her to restart her system and she refused. She asked me to call back. I explained to her about the wait time and she said that she didn't care . this has been the worse experience with any hotel . When I asked her point blank, if this was the service Hilton offers, she said it was and I had to accept it.
Terrible is an easy word to describe it .
recently my credit card no was used for a fraudulent purchase. I think it was directly related to this hotel. I would avoid it like the plague

Room Tip: never go to this hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jaxdoc123
Jennifer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Daniel Island, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration this incident has caused you. We strive to ensure our guests have the hassle free, comfortable stays they deserve and we regret this was not your impression. We hope you will give us another chance to show you the complete quality stay you deserve should you return to our area in the future.
Senoia, United States
Reviewed 19 October 2013

No idea why this is called Daniel Island, it isn't an island but it does a great job of pretending to be. The pool area seemed very nice and spacious. The breakfast was as expected and the hotel was very clean and well maintained. Highly recommend the hotel.

Sanford, United States
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The staff was tremendous. Breakfast was perfect with a great sitting area. The location was easily accessed. This was the first hotel I have given a perfect rating to in a long time and I will definitely come back soon.

chicago
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Excellent service including the fact that a lot of guests for the Octoberfest time period . Personnel able to make guests feel unhurried and yet provided various services including complementary toiletry, excellent road directions, etc

Myrtle Beach,SC, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Hotel definitely needs to be updated. It is clean ,but new carpet and furniture would make it a better place to stay. It is out of the way and it is kind of hidden. Not much dinner around it or shopping.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jennifer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Daniel Island, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We are very sorry that you did not enjoy our hotel decor and we are working on improving our guest rooms. Renovations are in planning and we look forward to sharing our updated look with our guests. Please let us know if you have additional comments or suggestions you would like to share and we hope we can invite you back again.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I arrived at this hotel exhausted afetr a long drive. We felt it would be of the standard we had come to expect from the Hampton Inn. We went straight to bed as we were so tired but the bed was damp. We didn't say anything at that time because we were so tired. Also, the toilet was constantly running (my husband fixed it so we could sleep). There was a large party of people there that night and so it was noisy with doors banging and someone trying to in to the room next door. there was a number of men sitting outside around the pool who were quite innocently very noisy. We probably wouldn't have noticed it if we weren't overlooking the pool area and the windows didn't appear to be noise proof. The heat of our bodies helped to dry the sheets, my husband fixed the loo and then there was a woman screaming followed by a man shouting. This meant that I was too scared to sleep. After a very bad night, I ranfg the manager but there was no answer. She must have known I had called and what room as she came towards us as we were going to book out. She listened to us, checked the bedding and agreed it still felt damp and then waived the fee for the night. She was very good but it was stressful and we would not choose to stay there again.

Room Tip: don't overlook the pool
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jennifer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Daniel Island, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
We're very sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you had. It's always our goal to make guests feel comfortable and at home with us. Your feedback will help us ensure that we're taking every opportunity to address these issues in the future. Again, we're terribly sorry for any inconvenience and would really like the chance to invite you back. Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any additional comments.

Kind regards,