“quiet, convenient to evening activities”

Hampton Inn Charleston - Daniel Island
Ranked #21 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I enjoy staying at this property. It is quiet, close to many good restaurants and is in a non-industrial setting which allows for walking, running or biking for excercise. The rooms are clean, The staff is polite and accommodating.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Charleston - Daniel Island

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Pleased with our stay on Daniel Island. We were exploring the entire Charleston area and found the location convenient to get to the various towns and beaches. The hotel itself is in a very quiet area surrounded by office buildings. The little downtown area with shops and restaurants was about a three minute drive. We had hoped to ride bikes around but it rained. I thought the bed was fine, the breakfast was standard, outdoor pool and seating areas would have been nice if the weather had cooperated. Small fitness room which I did not use, but several people were in there. Cookies and milk were served in the lobby in the early evening. Very fair room rate.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Not up to the standards of other Hampton Inns we have stayed at. Bed and pillows were not as comfortable. I thought the beds and pillows were standard, but I didn't feel these were of the same quality. I felt the location was good, and we were charged more for that. The other Hamptons were nicer and cost considerably less.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Norbert K
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The hotel was very comfortable, clean and quiet. We were exploring Daniel Island so location was key. It also had easy access to other areas around Charleston. Parking and getting to the room was important to us since we were in and out all day for two days. Easy access to room on third floor. Staff was friendly. Lobby was pleasant. Free breakfast was good. Rooms were clean and comfy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel was very comfortable and clean. The complimentary breakfast was adequate and constantly replenished. The staff was extremely helpful. The front desk clerk supplied us with complete directions and advice about things to do in and around Charleston.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2013

my stay was prepaid by HCA. I got a bill for it on my credit card. Before i had checked out , i was told that i would not be billed. When I tried calling the hotel - the call would not go through. I called the main Hampton line and spoke to Glenda Jo. I was on wait for 30 min. she was useless. She said that there is nothing she can do because her systems were down. I asked her to restart her system and she refused. She asked me to call back. I explained to her about the wait time and she said that she didn't care . this has been the worse experience with any hotel . When I asked her point blank, if this was the service Hilton offers, she said it was and I had to accept it.
Terrible is an easy word to describe it .
recently my credit card no was used for a fraudulent purchase. I think it was directly related to this hotel. I would avoid it like the plague

Room Tip: never go to this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jaxdoc123
Jennifer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Daniel Island, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration this incident has caused you. We strive to ensure our guests have the hassle free, comfortable stays they deserve and we regret this was not your impression. We hope you will give us another chance to show you the complete quality stay you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

No idea why this is called Daniel Island, it isn't an island but it does a great job of pretending to be. The pool area seemed very nice and spacious. The breakfast was as expected and the hotel was very clean and well maintained. Highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business