“Hampton Inn Daniel Island”

Hampton Inn Charleston - Daniel Island
Ranked #21 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Greenville, United States
“Hampton Inn Daniel Island”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Great hotel. The service in the breakfast area was not the best. The air system in the room rattled. Very clean. Front desk people were extremely nice. The girl who checked us in was helpful and very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anybody and I would return again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Maggie C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I enjoy staying at this property. It is quiet, close to many good restaurants and is in a non-industrial setting which allows for walking, running or biking for excercise. The rooms are clean, The staff is polite and accommodating.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Park City, Utah
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Pleased with our stay on Daniel Island. We were exploring the entire Charleston area and found the location convenient to get to the various towns and beaches. The hotel itself is in a very quiet area surrounded by office buildings. The little downtown area with shops and restaurants was about a three minute drive. We had hoped to ride bikes around but it rained. I thought the bed was fine, the breakfast was standard, outdoor pool and seating areas would have been nice if the weather had cooperated. Small fitness room which I did not use, but several people were in there. Cookies and milk were served in the lobby in the early evening. Very fair room rate.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Crystal Lake, United States
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Not up to the standards of other Hampton Inns we have stayed at. Bed and pillows were not as comfortable. I thought the beds and pillows were standard, but I didn't feel these were of the same quality. I felt the location was good, and we were charged more for that. The other Hamptons were nicer and cost considerably less.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Norbert K
Malvern, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The hotel was very comfortable, clean and quiet. We were exploring Daniel Island so location was key. It also had easy access to other areas around Charleston. Parking and getting to the room was important to us since we were in and out all day for two days. Easy access to room on third floor. Staff was friendly. Lobby was pleasant. Free breakfast was good. Rooms were clean and comfy.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Long Island, Ny, United States
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel was very comfortable and clean. The complimentary breakfast was adequate and constantly replenished. The staff was extremely helpful. The front desk clerk supplied us with complete directions and advice about things to do in and around Charleston.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 21 October 2013

my stay was prepaid by HCA. I got a bill for it on my credit card. Before i had checked out , i was told that i would not be billed. When I tried calling the hotel - the call would not go through. I called the main Hampton line and spoke to Glenda Jo. I was on wait for 30 min. she was useless. She said that there is nothing she can do because her systems were down. I asked her to restart her system and she refused. She asked me to call back. I explained to her about the wait time and she said that she didn't care . this has been the worse experience with any hotel . When I asked her point blank, if this was the service Hilton offers, she said it was and I had to accept it.
Terrible is an easy word to describe it .
recently my credit card no was used for a fraudulent purchase. I think it was directly related to this hotel. I would avoid it like the plague

Room Tip: never go to this hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jaxdoc123
Jennifer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Daniel Island, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration this incident has caused you. We strive to ensure our guests have the hassle free, comfortable stays they deserve and we regret this was not your impression. We hope you will give us another chance to show you the complete quality stay you deserve should you return to our area in the future.