We stayed here for one night during a cross-country motorcycle trip. The front desk staff was very friendly and willing to allow us to park the motorcycles underneath the canopy at the main entrance in case it rained overnight. Prior to arriving we had called about this option but they were not willing to commit; the desk clerk at the time we checked in was extremely accommodating and readily allowed us to do this.
The rooms are basic - the bed was very comfortable but the furniture was definitely used. The morning full breakfast was complete with cold, hot (eggs, waffles, etc.) and had good hours until 10am. The pool was nice and used by many guests. Overall the cost of the hotel is reasonable - we paid $129 for what they consider a king bed study room - with the breakfast option it was worth the cost.
There are only a couple of restaurant options within walking distance - one is a Japanese restaurant which we opted for and found to be very good and reasonably priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites® hotel in Charleston/West Ashley is near downtown historic Charleston, off of Highway 17, close to Citadel Mall, golf courses, and West Ashley historic plantations. Wake up to a free hot breakfast before venturing out in Charleston. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston / West Ashley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston / West Ashley Hotel Charleston
- Hampton Inn And Suites Charleston / West Ashley
- Hampton Inn West Ashley
- Charleston Hampton Inn