“Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston / West Ashley, SC” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston / West Ashley

Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston / West Ashley
Ranked #30 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
ohio city
“Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston / West Ashley, SC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Located on Hwy. 17, it is an easy drive into Charleston, about 6-1/2 miles away.
Besides offering all the amenities expected at Hilton's Hampton Inns, the staff was exceptional here. Gernette at the front desk was very professional while being very friendly. The breakfast area was well stocked and quite clean. I didn't see anything during our one-night stay that wasn't well-cleaned. It was a great stay for us.

2 Thank pep1per

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
buffalo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed for two nights at this location while visiting family nearby. The property is modern and comfortable, and on-par for most Hampton Inns I've visited. Our room was generally clean on arrival, although I did spot lots of tiny bugs in the bathroom sink - nothing alarming, but not pleasant either. Housekeeping was a bit lax as I noted the bathroom was still a bit messy after they (presumably) cleaned (and we aren't very messy people). Breakfast looked good but it was crowded and we were in a rush - we did grab a few warm biscuits to go which were delish.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Christopher W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston / West Ashley, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston/West Ashley!

I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than perfect. I have taken your comments to the housekeeping team in order to better serve future guests.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

When we first arrived we were given our keys to our room the staff was very friendly. Unfortunately it went down hill from there... We opened our hotel room to find guest already occupying this room. Not only did this startle us but definitely the people stayin inside! This was VERY uncomfortable. We were then given another room to which looked nothing like the pictured showed as being roomy. The beds were comfortable and the down comforters were a bonus. The next morning we woke up with our check out paperwork under the door and it had the first room we went to occupants address on it! I would be furious if some stranger had my address! The bad definitely outweighed the good in this stay. The prices are definitely over priced for what you get. We will not be staying here again!

• Stayed October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
It is extremely unfortunate to hear that there was a mix up with your paperwork for your room! I have addressed with the front desk staff so that we can avoid this in the future. Pleae let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you further.
Spencer, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had a nice weekend in Charleston, everyone at the Hampton Inn was wonderful. It was clean as a pin. We thought it might be noisy, but heard nothing from outside. The breakfast bar was fully stocked, nothing was running out and the girls working the area were friendly, speaking to each guest they encountered.
When we checked out, I did the usual check of the room...however my husband had some items hanging in the closet that we missed. He called and Lashae was so kind and found the items and had them shipped to us in two days. Great Job!!!

Marietta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

No complaints. Staff was always smiling, helpful and kind. Entire hotel from the lobby to the rooms and bathrooms was very clean and tidy. The beds were clean and very comfortable. It seems the Hampton has thought of everything you might need on a trip away from home....hair dryer, iron and ironing board, toiletries, coffee maker....magnetic inlays on shower curtains to keep them in place. Most of all, it was so quiet you could not hear any noise from above, below or next door. The breakfast included was all we could ask for....of course, there is always room to improve on scrambled eggs...maybe boiled eggs? We will definitely seek out a Hampton Inn on our next trip.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Dianne S
Greenville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I liked the old south, but updated feeling I got upon entering the hotel. The location is perfect to visit Charleston and the plantations. The double rooms have two queens and the beds are comfortable. The breakfast room overlooks the lovely garden terrace and pool. There are tables outside for a great outdoors breakfast or relaxing cup of coffee. The pool is not heated and there is not a whilpool which my family really prefers, however this hotel has the location. We were at the battery in minutes and it is a short drive up to the plantations. The exercise room is typical of Hampton. The staff was friendly and helpful. We would stay here again up return.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool/garden view when booking the room.
2 Thank Greg H
Bluffton, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

The hotel itself was not bad, a little dated and musty smelling, but not bad. Our overall experience was however. We stay in hotels at least 15 weekends a year with our children's traveling sports teams and are loyal Hilton Honors members. We arrived on Friday and left on Sunday this particular weekend. My daughter has an elephant that she has had since she was born and turned 10 yrs old while staying in this Hampton. On Sunday we were packing up and failed to look between the sheets and the elephant was left behind. It wasn't until I tucked her in her own bed on Sunday night that we discovered "Ellie" missing. I immediately called and was told that lost and found was locked up for the night and to call back in the morning. I called at 8 AM Monday morning and spoke to housekeeping. At noon they called me back to tell me that housekeeping had found "Ellie" but had discarded her because she was "too worn"!!!!!! Who throws out a child's well loved, not worn stuffed animal? That is hotel housekeeping 101. I called later the next day, not with the expectation or need of anything, but just wanting management to know what a horrible mistake that was. Management told me that although they keep things in lost and found for up to 3 mo., items left behind are not their responsibility. Wrong answer again and that is Customer Service 101. I am a loyal Hilton Honors customer and I was terribly let down by this property, not to mention the heartbreak of my 10 year old.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family