“Much improved!”

Ranked #27 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Tampa Bay, FL
“Much improved!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I had stayed at this hotel last summer, and was very disappointed in it. (Previous review: http://preview.tinyurl.com/o6n2tth ) I had decided to try a different hotel the next time I was in town. Well, the hotel I wanted to try was booked, so I figured I would give this one a final try.

I had no issues this time around. The front desk was always manned with attentive staff. The room I was given was spotlessly clean and bright. And a big kudos for the charging station on the nightstand. It has a few power outlets and USB chargers—very convenient.

The interior décor of this hotel is very pleasing with a “southern plantation” theme. And the complimentary breakfast was quite nice as well.

I was happy to have no issues whatsoever this stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank dvd77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Cape Coral
Reviewed 16 May 2014

we arrived at hotel sat 10 may went to check inn the girl at the front desk gve us one king bed we asked for 2 beds we went down stairs and asked her and her attitude was we ordererd one king but she give us aroom with 2 beds on a different floor when we got to the new room she forgot to activate the keys so down stairs again to activate the keys go to use the phone phone does not work back down stairs again a/c stayed onn till monday 24/7 untill they changed the unit phone got fixed on monday also every night after playing tourest we had to go down stairs to reactivate our keys they never worked 2 days in a row jerome stock

Room Tip: go elseware
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Seneca Falls, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We needed a room at the last minute due to a break down in the pouring rain. The hotel is nice. However, the location is very hard to access due to traffic patterns and you really can't walk to much. Also the fitness center can only be accessed by going outside and walking on the edge of the pool.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Ann H
Cary, NC, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel service was excellent. The Snooze and Cruise service was extremely helpful since we were going on a cruise. Being able to park at the hotel and get a shuttle to and from the port was great. No hassles! We would do it again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Ralph M
Melbourne Beach, Florida
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I have either been a gold level or diamond with Hilton for decades. I have never stayed at such a poor hotel. There are people who smoke in their rooms. When I complained about this, after 2 nights I was moved to a room that was filthy and smelled like a locker room. When I complained about this I was moved to a handicap room. That night all tv'S went on the blink. I had stayed here only because everyother hotel was booked or charging more because of graduations. For all my trouble they offered 50% off 1 night. All I can do now is call American Express.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Alan P
Barling, Arkansas
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Very easy to get to from the Charleston International Airport. Just a few miles south of the airport. Very quiet, clean location. Theater just a few blocks away and restaurants all around. Just a couple miles from historic downtown Charleston. Very pleased with this property! Staff was very friendly and helpful with directions and any questions we had. Highly recommend this Hampton!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shawn R
Deltona, Florida
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last Tuesday and was
pleasantly surprised they had happy hour from 5 to 7 offering beer, wine,cheese and snacks.
This was a first for me at a Hampton Inn and wished they all had this.
The room was quite spacious with a small kitchen and was clean and very QUIET.
Everyone employed here were the most friendly staff of any motel I have ever stayed at.
Excellent location which puts it near the interstate, numerous businesses and the historic district.
The hot breakfast was good, just wish they had bacon!
We look forward to a return visit.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple