This is a very nice Hampton Inn in a great location and well managed from top to bottom. We spent a Friday and Saturday weekend in late October and the weather was a bit chilly but the location is near everything so we walked or took the free Trolley Cars. The lobby is fantastic and the outdoor garden is huge and beautiful but was too cold for eating breakfast outside. The Parking Deck is $12 a day but right next to the hotel and you can go in and out without penalty but it gets pretty full later in the day.
I had called a day ahead and asked for an early check-in and quiet room and when we arived Casey had taken care of everything. Had a great room on the fifth floor and did not hear any noise the entire time. The room was recently updated and the only thing that was not perfect was the heat and A/C which took a while to adjust but did have a digital wall thermostadt for controling the temperature and was quiet. Nice flat screen TV and only gets analog signals but had ESPN and ESPN2 for a few minutes of college football games.
The morning breakfast is well set up and nice variety of eggs, sausage, waffles, breads, fruit etc. Again the staff was accomodating and helpfull.
There is a Bell Captain, I did not get his name, and he was helpful in getting news and directions to Sullivan's Island for a drive over the 2 mile bridge and visit to Fort Moultrie, a State Park site. We ate at the Coast Bar and Grill Friday which is less than a block away and liked it so much we ate there again on Saturday. A lot of restaurants and shopping close by. We plan on visiting again and will stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Hampton Inn Charleston-Historic District, you’ll experience antebellum architecture and fabulous shops of the King Street historic district right outside our hotel. Our Charleston hotel is in downtown Charleston adjacent to the Charleston Museum, the nation's oldest museum. Wake up to Hampton’s free hot breakfast. Explore nearby 18th century plantations, churches, and the Charleston city market, walking distance from our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District Hotel Charleston
- Hampton Inn Historic District
- Charleston Hampton Inn