We stayed recently in one of the ground floor rooms with two double beds; the room opens out onto the grass, about 15 ft from the (unheated) pool. We found the hotel very good value - the front desk staff were very helpful and when we had a small problem opening our door (our fault), the maintenance man was there within minutes to solve the problem. All staff seemed smiling and helpful.
The free breakfast was standard Hampton Inn but generous and well stocked with fresh fruit and waffles, boiled eggs, several kinds of toast/english muffins and bagels, as well as some southern specialities. Only complaint would be that the orange and apple juices were a bit watery!
The room was comfortable and we loved being close to the pool, which was a godsend on two hot days during our visit.
We also liked the fact we could get in from the airport on the Nash Express for $3 a person, one way, a regular bus service which dropped us right opposite the hotel, at the Charleston Visitors center. That is also a major stop for the free trolleys you can use to tour Charleston (the trolleys, btw, never stick to a schedule, so don't count on them arriving on schedule). The Visitors center also has lots of discounted tickets for various plantations, carriage rides, etc - very helpful. So the hotel's location was great - not in the middle of downtown but an easy walk to the main sites, or a short trolley ride away. We also tried two restaurants on the same street as the hotel which came recommended in various guides and magazines - Rue St Jean, and Coastal - both good meals. The gelato place next door is also worth a visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Hampton Inn Charleston-Historic District, you’ll experience antebellum architecture and fabulous shops of the King Street historic district right outside our hotel. Our Charleston hotel is in downtown Charleston adjacent to the Charleston Museum, the nation's oldest museum. Wake up to Hampton’s free hot breakfast. Explore nearby 18th century plantations, churches, and the Charleston city market, walking distance from our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District Hotel Charleston
- Hampton Inn Historic District
- Charleston Hampton Inn