This Hampton Inn is located perfectly in the downtown Charleston area and right accross the street from the visitor's center and public transportation. I realize that you pay for the location but beyond that, this is a pretty typical Hampton Inn. I will say they do not have the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on and unless you like really, really soft pillows, they are even worse. I spend 50 to 100 nights/year in hotels for business and am a gold level Hilton Honors member. I was not recognized for that loyalty at check-in even though the next customer in line was. Last year I had a "difference of opinion" with Hilton and this year I am protesting by staying almost exclusively at IHG franchises. This was only my second stay in 2014 at a Hilton property and I was given no real reason to discontinue my protest. There are other major franchises in the Charleston area and I will definitley check them out the next time I am in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Hampton Inn Charleston-Historic District, you’ll experience antebellum architecture and fabulous shops of the King Street historic district right outside our hotel. Our Charleston hotel is in downtown Charleston adjacent to the Charleston Museum, the nation's oldest museum. Wake up to Hampton’s free hot breakfast. Explore nearby 18th century plantations, churches, and the Charleston city market, walking distance from our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District Hotel Charleston
- Hampton Inn Historic District
- Charleston Hampton Inn