We stayed at this hotel after getting off our cruise ship. We knew we would disembark way before check in and so we walked from the cruise port (about 20mins) with the plans to have them hold our luggage while we explored the city. I was not at all expecting that they would let us check in at 9:30am. They offered us breakfast and information about the city. The hotel is very centrally located and you can walk all over the city easily. This is such a beautiful city with great restaurants with a noticeable theme of "eat and buy locally" . The room was clean, comfortable and had historic charm which we loved. The pool area was so lovely as well as the terrace where you can have breakfast. They have rooms on the first floor that walkout to the courtyard, which would have been nice. I wanted to pay cash for the room and had it counted out in an envelope so when I went to pay and it was a different amount than the rate I was given in my confirmation email I was a bit put off only because I had already counted it not because of the difference, he ended up giving us a better rate and gave us back $70. That was very much appreciated and unexpected. We booked a taxi to take us to the airport as we needed to leave at 6am and we had 5 people travelling. The girl at the front desk happily booked it for us. She said it was a rate of $35 and when we arrived at the airport he said it was $35 plus $5 a person, It didnt make sense to me that I would be told one amount to then have to pay an additional $25. I said I was told $35 he was a bit mad, but he said ok fine and didn't push so I gave him the $40 (wanting to take back the tip). I still don't know which is the true rate. We loved this city and will be back for again for a 4 day trip and would definately recommend this hotel, its rare to find a Hampton Inn with such charm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Hampton Inn Charleston-Historic District, you’ll experience antebellum architecture and fabulous shops of the King Street historic district right outside our hotel. Our Charleston hotel is in downtown Charleston adjacent to the Charleston Museum, the nation's oldest museum. Wake up to Hampton’s free hot breakfast. Explore nearby 18th century plantations, churches, and the Charleston city market, walking distance from our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District Hotel Charleston
- Hampton Inn Historic District
- Charleston Hampton Inn