I recently spent the weekend here while visiting my son at the College of Charleston.
The hotel is in a great location, very close to the school, shopping and many resteraunts. The hotel staff is very friendly and outgoing. This was my second stay in the last couple of months and I was greeted as a returning guest.
I used Hilton points for my room and had a spacious room on the 4th floor. We were allowed to check in when we arrived at 12:30 which was really convenient. The room had a mini fridge which was nice. There is a nice pool that was still open in Oct. It was not heated, so it was refreshingly cool after a long day of walking around Charleston.
The hotel offers a free breakfast , muffins, fruit, pastries, cereal and a different hot item every day. We enjoyed eating ours in the outside courtyard.
We really like the location. It is about a 20 minute walk down to the market. It always takes me longer becuase there is so much to see along the way. Charleston is really easy to walk around. the Visitor Center is right next to the hotel and there are plenty of great places to eat within a few blocks.
If you there are on a Saturday, don't miss the Farmers Market that takes place around the corner in the Marion Square Park. The best Farmers Market I have been to, with plenty of veggies but also many vendors with unusual things for sale. Not to be missed.
The Hampton INn is a great value in Charleston. Comfortable, clean and convenient with a great staff. We'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Hampton Inn Charleston-Historic District, you’ll experience antebellum architecture and fabulous shops of the King Street historic district right outside our hotel. Our Charleston hotel is in downtown Charleston adjacent to the Charleston Museum, the nation's oldest museum. Wake up to Hampton’s free hot breakfast. Explore nearby 18th century plantations, churches, and the Charleston city market, walking distance from our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels Direct, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District Hotel Charleston
- Hampton Inn Historic District
- Charleston Hampton Inn