My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn, Charleston - Historic District from 5/13 - 5/16. Our room which was located on the 3rd. floor had a terrible musty odor. We tried using the air conditioner in the hopes that it would help - it did not. After complaining, our room was swiitched to a room on the first floor which still had an odor, but not half as bad. Luckily there was one room left and we were able to change. The location of the hotel was good and within walking distance to just about anywhere downtown. Paulo's Gelato right up on John St...excellent and next door to a french bakery with the most fabulous breakfast pastries and macaroons. A few steps up to King St. is a Cupcake store with great desserts. Try the Mint Chocolate Chip cupcake if you get a chance. The hotel had a very nice continental breakfast every day. The room was clean, the staff very friendly and accomodating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Hampton Inn Charleston-Historic District, you’ll experience antebellum architecture and fabulous shops of the King Street historic district right outside our hotel. Our Charleston hotel is in downtown Charleston adjacent to the Charleston Museum, the nation's oldest museum. Wake up to Hampton’s free hot breakfast. Explore nearby 18th century plantations, churches, and the Charleston city market, walking distance from our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District Hotel Charleston
- Hampton Inn Historic District
- Charleston Hampton Inn