“Unforgettable Stay”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #1 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 November 2012

My husband & I went to celebrate our anniversary in Charleston, SC. What I beautiful, romantic city!
However, what made our experience so beyond fabulous was the place where we stay. What a gorgeous boutique hotel!
We want to thank and complement Mr. Brent Gresham, General Manager, from the French Quarters Inn for such hospitality and for the bottle of champagne and card that was sent to our room congratulating us for our anniversary. That was very kind of you Mr. Gresham. We also like to thank Jenny for all her efforts in order to get us a room (the hotel was completely booked for the time of our stay). Thank you Jenny and we hope to see you here for a horse carriage ride LOL. Last but not least we want to thank Glori, Michelle, Faith, Marvin, Mike, Lilit, Justin, Andy, and our housekeeper for all the pampering. You are an AMAZING TEAM!
Joe and I are looking forward to another opportunity to stay with you again.
Thank you for making our stay so especial and unforgettable.
Joe & Patricia Barreto

Room Tip: The Hotel was booked for the time of our stay, as matter fact we were on waiting list for days. But...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Dear Patricia B,

I hope you are having a wonderful day, and that your travels back to beautiful and warm Palm Beach were pleasant! Thank you again for choosing to stay with us to celebrate such a special occasion! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

Reviewed 17 November 2012

This hotel is a gem! It was our first time to Charleston and the French Quarter Inn and, hopefully will not be our last. Talk about southern hospitality! We were treated to a glass of champagne upon check-in, a lovely room, and great service. So many nice amenities: wine and cheese in the afternoon, chocolate chip cookies in the evening, and a wonderful continental breakfast in the morning. The staff is wonderful and very helpful especially Jenny. We would highly recommend it!
Patty and Mike

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Dear Patty M,

On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I hope all is well back in beautiful Kansas!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. Remember to “Like” us on Facebook to stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

This small boutique hotel is lovely and peaceful with attention to detail and comfort rarely seen in today's of today. The front desk and valets are eager to please, helpful and knowledgeable about restaurants, sights, getting around etc. Our room was large, beautifully appointed and cozy with its fireplace and overstuffed chair. Impeccably clean, the bathroom had a separate jetted tub and shower with a plenty of towels and terry robes. Morning breakfast, afternoon snacks, wine and cheese and bedtime cookies and milk are awesome. Its an expensive stay but well worth the visit!

Room Tip: Convenient walking location to many sights and restaurants.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Dear travprof,

I hope your travels back to beautiful Virginia as well as your Christmas were pleasant and merry! I thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our hard work and attention to detail. It means a lot to the entire team to when we read great comments like yours.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

My husband & I stayed at the French Quarter Inn on a mini-vaca. It was 5-star all the way! The staff was friendly and courteous, the room was clean and neat. I love that they have a selection of pillows for their guests to choose from! Although, right in the heart of the market district, we were never bothered by any street noise. The hotel was near everything that we wanted to see & do on our trip, so once we parked the car we never needed it again until our departure. We will definitely visit again!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked Church Street, which is the street the hotel is located on.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear heidi21062

I hope all is well back in lovely Murfreesboro! I thank you for the FIVE STAR review you awarded us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

It's not the most expensive, not the most elaborate, and not the most prestigious hotel we have stayed but it is certainly the BEST!

The free champagne, cheese and wine, cookies, m&m's and jelly beans were a fantastic touch and brought guests together creating a lovely friendly atmosphere. Clean, well presented and in a great location, why would we ever go anyway else when in Charleston.

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony facing the market. Fantastic
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear Andy_DE21,

Wow...the BEST! I greatly appreciate the high praise, and your kind words will be shared with our entire team. I hope all is well back in beautiful England too!

Reviewed 15 November 2012

My sisters and I recently celebrated a special birthday in Charleston, SC, at the French Quarter Inn. From the moment we arrived, we were recognized as "the sisters" and were constantly asked, "So which one is celebrating a birthday?". We felt like their only guests! They even shared the birthday news with restaurants as they made our reservations. From complimentary champagne at check-in to wine and cheese in late afternoon, the hotel strives to create a special experience for guests.The rooms are lovely (ours had a fireplace and terrace), and the location is in walking distance of great restaurants, sights, and shopping. Being in one of the most beautiful cities in America can only be topped by staying at one of its best hotels.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Dear JJJAtlanta_Georgia,

I hope all is well back in Atlanta! I am delighted we made "the sisters" stay a wonderful one, and your high praises really does keep the entire team ticking to be the best!

Reviewed 15 November 2012

I was alittle unsure about booking this Hotel as we are a family with 3 children. Even though they are well behaved most of the time and the youngest is 11, I felt it might be to traditional for them. Well it was like a breath of fresh air we had been travelling down the east coast for a few weeks and getting a bit sick of feeling like a number or an incovience to some hotels. As soon as we arrived you could feel the difference. The room we were given was big and airy and had a fantastic bathroom. One you could move in and not hit yourself on a wall. The staff were friendly and helpful and provided afternoon tea, constant access to drinks and breakfast the next morning. It felt like we had come to visit a friends home not that we were a customer.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2012

Dear AussieNSW,

I hope your travels back to beautiful Sydney were pleasant! We love how you felt it was like visiting a friend's home...we strive for that sort of hospitality. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.