“Best small hotel”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #2 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Want a quiet place to stay? Great service that is there but you do not see it?
Want a place in the heart of the Charleston Historic District? Want great restaurants
Within a 5 minute walk? Want a glass of champagne when you check in?

If yes is to all the above, French Quarter Inn is perfect. Have tried other places
To stay, but nothing like being pampered at French Quarter Inn!

Room Tip: Tell them you are tired and need some rest and good food. The rest will be provided by the staff.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RobOlson
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Dear RobOlson,

I am delighted to read that you found your stay to be perfect! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I hope all is well up in the beautiful state of Maine!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

There are newer reviews for French Quarter Inn

Reviewed 16 March 2013

I have stayed at the FQI several times, and it never disappoints. Elegant & quaint, with beautifully appointed & spacious rooms, comfortable beds & linens. Fresh coffee or tea service 24 hours, champagne at check-in, cocktail hour, and cookies & milk before bed. And their continental breakfast offers delicious pastries, croissants, juices, etc. Although it is pricey, it is definitely worth every penny!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FlippingOut

Dear FlippingOut,

I am delighted to read that y'all found your stay to be worth every penny, and I hope all is well in the great city of Colombia! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

What a wonderful place to stay! The service and amenities are a tremendous value. The staff is above and beyond in terms of friendliness and helpfulness. The included breakfast was great, coffee service in the hallways a major plus, wine and cheese happy hour a delight, and then even cookies at night on top of the chocolates in the room. Housekeeping was excellent and the turn down service very nice. The location was very close to the Market and close to everything else as well. We loved the pillow options you could order and wished we would have taken advantage of the free bicycle rentals. I would highly recommend staying at the French Quarter Inn.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dhjj

Dear dhjj,

On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Also, we hope all is well back in beautiful Lincolnshire!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

We could only get one night. Booked on other nights. We were so sad to leave! Very clean. Fantastic beds. Big room. Nice bathroom. Great balcony with a view of town. The evening drinks and snacks were nice as well as breakfast. Service was also good. We would stay here again!! One of my favorite places now!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank bnice2dogs
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear bnice2dogs,

I hope your travels back to the great city of Chicago were pleasant! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

My dearest friend and I are here visiting from Tennessee. Last year my grandmother, mother, and I stayed here for a week. It was, by far, a trip to remember. This is the reason why the two of us, which are poor college students from the hills of Tennessee, chose to stay at such a glorious hotel. This experience is everything we could have imagined. Weeks of eating Ramen had finally paid off in a way that was well spent :)

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Kaymarski

Dear Kaymarski,

I am delighted to read that weeks of eating ramen noodles paid off! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Excellent location, customer service, cleanliness and loved our room with a fireplace facing the market. Very spacious and beautifully appointed. Definitely a home away from home type hotel with every staff member doing their part to make it a good experience. Each floor had coffee service in the hallway for self-serve coffee in the mornings. Nice touch! Would highly recommend this hotel if you are in Charleston.

Room Tip: Loved our room with fireplace facing the market. Very spacious and beautifully appointed.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear jvand00,

I hope all is well back in beautiful Wisconsin! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I was weary of this hotel because typically, the nicer hotels gouge you for every incidental and with the "complimentary" valet the first thing you experience - I was concerned. Turns out - it was the opposite. Fancy pillow menus, a great breakfast, complimentary tea and lemonade and the best thing - bikes! We find biking to be a great way to explore a city and to have bikes (granted - they weren't the best) available for use is a wonderful value-add! The location is great and the rooms are excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HAdventuresTO
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Dear HAdventuresTO,

I hope all is well in beautiful Canada! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Yes, we do not want to be a lodging establishment that "nickel and dimes" our guests with incidentals...we like most everything to be included!