“Just Perfect, as Always”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #1 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My husband and I have been coming to the French Quarter Inn since it opened (with 2 teenagers along in earlier years). It's always been perfect, so we always know where we'll stay when we visit Charleston. This past May, it had been about 5 years since we were in Charleston, but I hoped, of course, that we would be as happy w/ FQI this time as we have been in the past. The hotel didn't disappoint; in fact, it might be even better, if that's possible! Rooms are still super-clean, spacious and top-quality, with no wear and tear --perfectly maintained. Customer service is (as always) friendly on arrival, and practically immediate if you call for help with something (like figuring out the TV controls, ha ha.) All the staff are well-trained; they just don't hire people in any position that won't reflect the hotel's high standards and quality. They offer a very nice (but short) free happy hour with good wine and cheese in the lobby, which is a sweet way to wind down after a busy day exploring the beautiful city. We will continue to stay here whenever we come to Charleston -- hotel experiences just don't get any better than this!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank April S
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you for continuing to stay with us each time you visit Charleston! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our improvements and that you think so highly of our staff. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. We hope your travels back to beautiful Pennsylvania were pleasant!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

Brent Gresham

Reviewed 27 July 2013

There are so many glowing reviews of this hotel, I am not sure I need to add another, but all the kudos are 100% dead on!! I stayed here for 4 nights with my 3 grown daughters for a "Girls Trip" and everything about our stay was wonderful: location is terrific, no auto needed, absolutley lovely room, which was plenty large enough for the 4 of us. (We were considering a suite instead, but decided we would not be in the room much anyway and the standard double Queen was fine with a spacious bathroom to accomodate all of our beatification supplies!) The amenities were unbelievable: great breakfasts, all day gourmet beverages plus coffee and tea, the afternoon wine and cheese, and evening cookies, plus beautiful indoor and outdoor common areas. But the most impressive feature about the French Quarter Inn was the service! It is very similar to that of a Cruise Ship in that everyone is so gracious, polite, helpful and attentive to the guests every need. I have been to Charleston 2 times previously, staying in a B&B, but the French Quarter Inn has spoiled us and we can never stay anywhere else now!!

Room Tip: We did not have a balcony or terrace, but we really did not miss having one. We used the common area...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank PAHoney_11
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear PAHoney_11,

I am delighted to read y'all ladies had an amazing "girls trip!" Yes ma'am, we really do pride ourselves on genuine service, and it means so much to us that you recognize our efforts! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

The French Quarter Inn in the heart of beautiful Historic Downtown Charleston is a fabulous place to stay! From the beautifully appointed lobby/guest area and guest rooms to the very accommodating staff, this inn is not to be missed. A special thank you to Marvin who made us feel so welcomed immediately upon entering. What a special treat, too, to chat with the bell hop gentlemen every time we entered and exited the inn. Simply delightful. We knew quickly that we had entered a very special place.

The complimentary breakfast was delicious and presented in such an elegant manner. Taking advantage of the wine and cheese reception was a perfect idea while waiting for dinner reservations a while later. We would be remiss if we didn't mention the warm cookies that were presented in the evening! You couldn't pass them up even if you tried as the aroma wafted through the door of our guest room each and every evening! (..and not a complaint was had!)

The location of The French Quarter Inn is superb. One can step out to the Market just feet away as well as enjoy the excellent shopping experience along King Street, just a short walking distance from the FQI. After spending the day enjoying the sights in and around Charleston, it was oh so nice to return to the FQI to retire for the evening.

Great food, new friends and an ambience that is second to none. Thank you, French Quarter Inn, for two wonderful visits. There IS no other place to stay while in Charleston. Southern Hospitality at its finest!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear cshell25,

We hope y'all are doing well back in New York, and Marvin says hello! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at the FQI for 3 nights. We got to the hotel at noon because we had an early flight. We were able to check in and they were able to expedite a room for us so we ultimately checked in at 2p instead of 4p. They have a great breakfast buffet and there is wine and cheese every afternoon and milk and cookies every evening. The entire staff was exceptionally friendly. They were renovating a few rooms right next to ours and we didn't hear a thing!! I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in downtown Charleston.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nekstrom

Dear nekstrom,

I am delighted to read that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope your travels back to beautiful New York were pleasant! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I could not believe how perfect this hotel was for such reasonable pricing. The atmosphere of the hotel felt first class and luxurious yet avoided a stuffy, judgmental and flashy feel. The rooms were clean and spacious and the location of the hotel could not be better. The city market, horse tours, the waterfront and several fantastic restaurants were all within a 5 minute walk. The lobby had constant treats such as cookies, small candies, lemonade, coffee, water and tea. For a continental breakfast the food was outstanding. Everything was set up so beautifully and everything tasted delicious. The patio was gorgeous, I wanted to out there all day. It felt fabulously french where intricate European designs met modern and upscale amenities. Everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming. The afternoon wine and cheese in the lobby was my favorite part of the day, for it consisted of delicious crackers, cheeses, fruits, drinks and jams. Then, later on there are cookies and milk in the lobby which my younger siblings really enjoyed. I only wish there was a pool or fitness center to make this place absolutely unbelievable, but all the walking around the city left us feeling ready to come back to this perfect hotel to eat, rest, and relax anyways. Thank you for the perfect stay, we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy C

Dear Amy C,

I hope you are well back in beautiful Massachusetts! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I also want to thank you for sharing such wonderful pictures of your stay!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

This was our first trip to Charleston. My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and chose The French Quarter Inn because of the write-ups in Travel and Leisure. We could not have been happier! The Inn itself is very nice, but the amenities and staff made the experience that much more amazing! From Madison, Glori, Marvin, Mike, and Michelle at the front desk to Treavon, Phillip, and Kadishia, the staff made us feel very special!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear MJM_17_13,

I hope all is well in sunny Florida! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, who all says hello by the way, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

My wife and I came and stayed at the French Quarter Inn in July of 2012 and all I can say is wow, the place was first class from top to bottom. The rooms were great, beds were very comfortable, the pillow list was great. I loved the free lemonade and tea throughout the day, which we took advantage of frequently. The people at the front desk were great, they always helped us with any questions we had about the city. If you're willing to spend s little money to stay at s quality place stay here, I know we will when we come back.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear DaltonW,

I am delighted to read that you and your wife loved our Inn! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.