My wife and I were on vacation for a week in Charleston and staying at the Doubletree Suite by Hilton across the street. Doubletree's General Manager should take the time to spend a night here and learn something for his place. The reason we moved over to the FQI. We were looking for a place to have a glass of afternoon champagne somewhere, went into the FQI, looking for a bar. We were approached by the valet/bellman Charles and told the bar was not open yet. He then proceeded to convince us that it was entirely acceptable for us to go upstairs and get a free glass like we were guests of the hotel. We were not very comfortable taking free champagne but were told the same thing by the front desk! You can read the other reviews about all that is offered. We concur. However, I went downstairs to get something i forgot in my car. A valet insisted it was to hot out for me to get it and he would be right back with my item. While waiting, Bellman Charles came over to thank me for checking in. General Manager Brent Gresham was coming in the door and Charles introduced me to him. I explained Charles' role in our changing hotels. Brent walked me upstairs, asked if we were partaking in the wine and cheese offerings. I explained we were running late for dinner and had no time and went to my room. Five minutes later, a knock on the door and Brent was there with a plate of fresh fruit, 3 different cheeses, crackers, fig jam, cured meats and dried apricots. This from a very busy GM!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four Diamond Inn's newly redesigned rooms are inspired by the old world elegance of a Parisian chateau set against the architectural backdrop of Charleston's classic French Quarter. Red medallion-patterned draperies and damask chenille upholstery in hues of black, white and gold create a rich distinction between the fabrics and furniture, of the highest quality.Among many other amenities, guests of the hotel enjoy complimentary items such as: champagne and lady fingers at check-in, an evening wine and cheese reception, freshly baked cookies and milk, evening turn down service and gourmet continental breakfast in the lobby or served to your room. The over-sized guest rooms, some with working fireplaces, private balconies, and whirlpool tubs, provide imagery of an era gone by, but still grants contemporary amenities a sophisticated traveler has come to expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your French Quarter Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Quarter Hotel Charleston
- French Quarter Charleston
- French Quarter Inn Charleston Sc