“Well worth the money!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of French Quarter Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ranked #1 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lutz, Florida
“Well worth the money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

This has to be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are very clean and nice. They spoil you with wine and cheese then a nightcap of port and cookies. Always have juices and hot drinks available. Nice view from balcony. My wife and I wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank matthew d
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear matthew d,

On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. We wish y'all could've stayed longer too, and I hope y'all are staying warm down in sunny Florida!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

French Quarter Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
Reisterstown, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Just returned from a trip to Charleston and stayed here. This is a premier inn/hotel. The amenities are superb-delicious breakfast, wine and cheese, port and homemade cookies, turn-down service, and I could go on and on. But I'll just say if you want to treat yourself, stay here!

1 Thank Sarah B
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Kittyjoe,

I hope all is well back in beautiful Maryland! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Also, I love the cookies too!!

Hickory, North Carolina

December 26, 2013

We just returned from a mini-vacation in Charleston, S.C., staying three nights at the French Quarter Inn. This beautiful property sits at the corner of Church and South Market streets in a premier location to enable one to stroll to the various historic sites, restaurants, and shopping opportunities in the venerable southeast quadrant of downtown Charleston.

The Inn itself is a treasure, from the beautiful second floor lobby with working fireplace and abundant comfortable seating—where the excellent continental breakfasts, all-day coffee, tea and cold beverage service, wine and cheese receptions, and warm cookies and milk (all complimentary) are enjoyed—to the individual rooms. We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to an even more spacious room with a veranda and working fireplace. Everything was convenient and immaculate, with two housekeeping services per day standard. Our only additional suggestion would be for a full length mirror in the bathroom or front door area for last minute inspections. The hallways were wide and generous, with coffee and tea service provided on each floor until early afternoon. Part of the first floor of the property is occupied by the AAA four diamond restaurant “Tristan” where we had our most memorable dinner, truly a fine dining experience.

All this excellence might have been spoiled by a less than wonderful staff—but that was not the case. Every staff member we met, starting with the valet service, went the extra mile to be helpful and all did so with a graciousness rare in today’s world. Jenny at the front desk was our continuing help and resource, answering questions, making (and changing) reservations, and offering informed recommendations on what to see and do. Our thanks to all the staff of this lovely hotel.

With a prime location, a beautiful property, and a superior staff, the French Quarter Inn is the place to stay in Charleston.

Carolyn B. Huff, Ph.D.
Hickory, N.C.

Room Tip: Rooms facing South Market Street have verandas and balconies.
Green Features: Our room had places to recycle in both the bathroom and bedroom area.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Carolyn H
Dear Dr. Carolyn H,

I hope y'all are doing well back in our beautiful Sister State! I am truly delighted to read that y'all enjoyed your stay with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Wellington, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

Our stay at the French Quarter was beyond wonderful. It far exceeded any advertisement, rating or pictures. From the moment we arrived Charles set the tone with his friendliness and helpfulness. We then were greeted by a friendly staff and Ethan S. and Philip H. went far out of their way to go the "second mile". The Hotel was decorated so beautifully for Christmas and everyone was just so hospitable. The room was beautiful, beds comfortable, and everything we could have needed was there for us to enjoy. We just loved our visit and will definitely be back and will tell everyone we know in West Palm Beach, Florida to plan on a stay at your hotel. I like to observe people and what I noticed was your staff has a fabulous leader in Brent Gresham, who most definitely leads by example because his team performed at the highest level when no one was watching. Thank you for making such wonderful memories for our family.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large and sunny. Many have fireplaces.
Green Features: Loved the duel waste baskets in the bathroom and the towels used in restrooms instead of paper.
1 Thank Beth L
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Beth L,

I hope y'all are doing well down in beautiful Florida! It was an absolute pleasure meeting y'all. My team truly enjoyed hosting y'all, and on behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers, and Charles, Ethan, and Phillip all say "hello!"

Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

We returned this year for another birthday visit, and were rewarded with an amazing visit. This time, the hotel was slow (weekday stay) and so were upgraded to a nicer room. The Jr Queen suite is lovely, the new upgraded baths are a great improvement over last year. The standout for this hotel again however is the service. This is the only hotel I have ever stayed at where ALL the employees seem to enjoy their jobs. From the guy mopping the floor, to the maid doing the evening turn-down service, they all seem to want to help and appear to enjoy their jobs. That makes staying here a real pleasure. All of the extra's, the evening wine and cheese, lovely morning breakfast and check-in champagne make you feel as if you, too, are a wanted guest. The hotel itself is not the nicest place I have ever seen, but it is all clean and cared for, and they do their best to make you feel at home. We will be back, and look forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: Room 105, Jr Qn Suite is a lovely large room, with a great view of the Market.
1 Thank Hhilivin
Dear hhilocallivin,

Wow! I thank you for the high praises, and I am truly fortunate to have staff that love their job! I hope you are doing well on beautiful Hilton Head Island, and on behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

It is one of those towns that time stayed still and the hotel the gem of it. Service has the warmth of the hospitalty of the south and the hotel the grandeur. We found that the breakfast was exceptional and there were a few nice touches (e.g. wine and cheeses hour). Nevertheless the rest of the food could be a little more varied and when our airconditioning did not work properly it did take a while for them to fix it. A great stay that we would love to recommend

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear della a,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Amsterdam! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I sincerly apologize for the delay in fixing you air conditioning unit--it did prove to be a difficult one.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

Just returned home from my second visit to the French Quarter Inn in the past 6 months, was there on business over the summer and loved it so much I returned just before Christmas to show the wife and kids. To leave a negative review on this wonderful hotel, is like having ones head buried in the sand! I simply could not find one negative thing to say about this place. The staff is friendly, the rooms are spacious and clean and the location A++++. You are greeted with a delicious glass of champagne, followed by wine and cheese each evening, then to top of the night…fresh baked cookies and milk. We cannot forget the large glass containers of gourmet jelly beans and my personal favorite M&M's. We started off each morning with their delicious complimentary breakfast. If you need a break and just want to get away, this is a perfect place to escape, enjoy great food, great nightlife, great shopping, great history, a very quait and beautiful little town! This place truly is a GEM!

Room Tip: This hotel really is more about the awesome location than the view. This really isn't a place w...
1 Thank Michael S
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Michael S,

Wow! I thank you for such high praises! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.