“Excellent hotel”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #1 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed at the French Quarter with our son in one of their suites with balcony and it was just great. Their location is superb, the service is excellent, their breakfast is fantastic (no hot good however), their wine and cheese at the evening and chocolate cookies later, something that we still remember (and so does our scale unfortunately). Only negative is the absence of a fitness room, something required with the good food and pampering this place offers.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Russ L
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Russ L,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful California! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. We are considering some viable fitness options, and we hope you are able to visit again and enjoy the amenities we will implement.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

My wife and I had a delightful two night stay in a Traditional Two Queen Size Bed Room. The room was luxurious, spotless and fully equipped with anything one could need. The decor of the halls and common area's were also spotless and very well done. The thing that stood out to my wife and I most was the extra attention provided to make our stay very enjoyable. The wine and cheese hour prior to dinner, the milk, coffee and cookies at bedtime, morning coffee available in the hall, complementary bottled water and candies delivered to your room at night, all are there for your pleasure. When you then add the excellent location and the friendly five star service your time there is something special. Anytime we visit Charleston this is where we will stay.

1  Thank Gene H
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Gene H,

I hope you are having a wonderful day and that your travels back to beautiful Michigan were pleasant! I am delighted to read that y'all enjoyed your visit with us so much! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Just returned from our first Charleston visit and we were so glad we stayed at the French Quarter Inn. The staff can't do enough for its guests. They upgraded us to a suite that was large, luxurious and spotless. The hotel and hallways were very quiet, even though the hotel was fully booked. The included breakfasts were huge and all items were fresh and relatively healthy, such as yogurt with fruit, fruit cups, hard boiled eggs, etc. We will miss those big trays delivered to our room every morning. The wine & cheese hour was a nice break before dinner and the bedtime cookies (with milk or port, tea or coffee) were big and moist. They even keep M & M and jelly bean jars, along with several beverages hot & cold in the lobby/sitting area all day long. The staff was very friendly and helpful and made great dinner suggestions. Even the location is great; an easy walk to all the areas most visitors want to see and 1 short block from Charleston's free trolley service. This hotel does it all and very well, too.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked lovely and were pretty large.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear wac55ma,

On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I hope y'all are doing well and staying warm back home in beautiful Massachusetts.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

My wife and I chose this hotel after a month of searching and reading reviews. I'm so glad we chose the French Quarter because it's an amazing hotel to experience with a loved one! This hotel goes all out for their guests on everything from fresh baked cookies and milk at night, to lemonade and wine during the day. The bed and pillows were so comfortable we slept unbelievably good. The location alone makes this hotel a desired destination, because everything that you want to do in Charleston is only a short walk away. And lastly I must mention a very knowledgeable and helpful guy at the service desk.......Darryl, thank you for some great advice on where to eat in Charleston, it helped make our visit a great experience! See you next February on our Anniversary!

2  Thank dale t

Dear dale t,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Kingstree! Wow, I thank you for such high praises, and I am delighted to read that y'all enjoyed your stay with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Darryl says hello too!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We last stayed here in 2012 and nothing has changed very much. The location, service and staff are excellent. We were in Suite 101 (the same as last year, just a coincidence) and the decor had changed a little but for the best. The only problem with the room was the lousy shower head. We did advice the front desk and they indicated other people weren't happy with it either. Hopefully, they will replace it. Nevertheless, this is an excellent hotel and you really can't go wrong staying there.

Room Tip: I normally prefer an upper floor but we were on the first and had no noise problems.
1  Thank wctrvlr
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear wctrvlr,

I hope your travels back to beautiful Myrtle Beach were pleasant! It was a pleasure having y'all back with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Also, I am delighted to read that y'all enjoyed some of our new decor throughout the Inn.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We arrived at FQI on a Saturday afternoon .We were greeted by Darryl and Scott at main desk , who are 2 of the nicest people I have ever met. They both helped us figure osomeone nice places to visit before our dinner plans at Cypress. we stayed at FQI for our 3rd Wedding Anniversary.
Not a huge milestone but FQI made us feel like it was our 50th. We had a nice bottle of champagne sent up to our room 1 hour later. Everyday , complimentary breakfast sent to your room at a time you choose. The breakfast consists of fruit , atop yogurt, coffee , juice, croissants, quiche, mixed fruit, tea. Location of FQI puts you right in middle of everything. Also take advantage of complimentary bikes and take a spin down to the battery and check out all the mansions by the water. Everyday , concierge send complimentary newspaper, while every night your bed gets an extra turn down while your out along with complimentary bottle of water. Ever night, enjoy wine and cheese 530-600 from Sonoma Valley. All day long, enjoy lemonade, water, coffee or tea in lobby set up for your pleasure. My wife and I particularly enjoyed the warm cookies and milk set out every night at 830. Staff also puts out port wine for a little after dinner enjoyment. In each hallway, coffee and tea put out on a tray if you don't feel like going down to first floor.
The hotel itself has beautiful architecture with a really nice circular stairway.
Our room had such a nice comfortable bed, and a huge bathroom with a huge walk in shower.
My advice: we went to Cypress, Hanks Seafood, and Husk. Make reservations at each at least 3-4 weeks before you go. Cypress was our favorite with steak you could cut with a butter knife. Our waitress Trina was so nice, exemplifying the warm welcome southern hospitality. If your adventurous, coming from a NYer , try the shrimp and grits at Hanks.Husk was nice and Kent was very knowledgeable about wine pairings with the different entrees. I can't wait to get back to Charleston. Greatest trip by far !

Room Tip: Bring a few sweatshirts, jackets in February .........brrrrr was 49 when we got there
3  Thank EdwardC3
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear EdwardC3,

I thank you for such an amazingly detailed and wonderful review of Charleston and our Inn! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I hope y'all are staying warm back home in beautiful New York, and please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed at the FQI with our two small children on the recommendation of a friend. We couldn't have been more pleased. The service was excellent, the rooms were beautiful and the little touches made it memorable (lovely breakfast, wine and cheese, and our favorite hot cookies and milk every night). Special thanks to Jenny and Darryl at the front desk and Taylor at valet service.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Brielle78,

I am delighted to read that y'all enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope everything is well in the Big Apple! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.