“a real treat”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #2 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We read reviews on trip advisor and agree with the excellent reviews. The weather was iffy during our stay in Charleston but spending time at the hotel made up for the rainy weather. The service was top notch. I had a little problem with reservations for dinner and they helped me out and even paid for a dinner to compensate for my difficulty. The breakfasts were terrific and came with the room rate. The evening wine and cheese was nice. They filled our wine glasses to the rim. I loved the port wine, warm cookies and milk at 8:30. The desk people knew my name by the second night and were very friendly. The room was large. Mini cookes and water every night. Nothing but good things to say about this hotel. Sat at the fireplace and drank every pm. Would go back and will tell friends to stay there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bjthaler
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear bjthaler,

I am delighted to read that y'all enjoyed your stay with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Philadelphia!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

There are newer reviews for French Quarter Inn

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Simply put, this is the only place to stay in Charleston! Well, I am sure there are other lovely hotels but French Quarter Inn lacks for nothing. Marvin in reception keeps things running in his area like a fine Swiss watch. Every person working there is gracious to guests and works to make their stay wonderful. Rooms very roomy and comfortable and lobby the same. The "artisan" breakfast in the lobby is delicious and the warm cookies and milk in the evening the same. Well located in the old French Quarter, it is easy to walk to the historic sites.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan P

Dear back-to-bach,

I hope you are doing well back in our nation's beautiful capital! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Also, Marvin says hello!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

The French Quarter Inn is beautiful through and through from the facility to the staff and management. These people know how to run a fabulous hotel. Marvin and the front desk staff to house keeping were very accommodating to all our needs. This is Southern hospitality at its finest. I agree with one of the reviewers that everyone at this Inn is at the top of their game. My husband and I are seasoned travelers and our suite at the French Quarter Inn is among the best we've experienced. The added extras..the fabulous breakfast, the welcome champagne, wine and cheese reception, fresh baked cookies and sherry really put this hotel above all others we have stayed. We didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: We loved our room with a big balcony and fireplace.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear M H,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful California! Also, Marvin says hello! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

The rooms are charming, the service impeccable AND they have a free buffet breakfast, a free wine & cheese, and at 8:30 they have a free port & cookies. Love this place -- the hotel is gorgeous and the staff is helpful, nice, and friendly. Stay here, it is an experience of a lifetime!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Geri H,

Wow! I thank you for such high praises! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have stay in Orient Express Hotels, Peninsula Hotel and Four Seasons and I like this hotel the best. Best Location next to the public market and easy walking to all the best restaurants in Charleston. Best Service ever and the people know your name. Beside the amenities, champagne, wine port and great breakfast, what more can you ask. I even stay at the President Suite at Jekyll Island Club Hotel and I like my Jr. suite at the French Quarter better. So did all seven of my friends that travel with me. We still rave about our stay and would stay again and again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear FOOdie5552013,

I hope your travels back to beautiful San Fransisco were pleasant! On a side note, I plan to visit SF and wine country for the first time this summer and am looking forward to it so much! I thank you for such high praises as those other hotels and brands you mentioned are of the highest quality--we are honored! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I want to add my 5 star review to all the others on trip advisor. The hotel was beautiful and the location perfect. All of the amenities were perfect; the welcome champagne, wine and cheese reception, evening cookies and sherry and wonderful breakfast. Also great toiletries in the beautiful bathroom! Would definitely recommend to anyone and will stay there again on our next trip to Charleston!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear tobifay,

I am delighted to read that y'all enjoyed your stay so much! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I hope y'all are doing well and staying warm back home in beautiful Virginia!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My wife and I just returned from three nights staying at the French Quarter Inn. I did not want to leave - Brent, Laurie and Scott, the managers, Jenny, Michelle, ... EVERYONE at this Inn is on top of their game. The charm of Charleston is matched by this establishment; would not stay anywhere else! Just a fun place that addressed all our needs, anticipated them before we knew... and provided a lovely spot to simply enjoy the city and have a delightful couple of days.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Robert K,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Massachusetts! It truly was a pleasure meeting you and your lovely bride! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.