“First Class Lodging”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Franklin, Wisconsin
“First Class Lodging”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

On our third visit to Charleston, and our third different hotel/inn, we found the winner. Wonderful location, great rooms, unbeatable staff giving flawless service, and topped off by a terrific breakfast. Special thanks to one of the late night staff, Michelle, who went above and beyond her duties to assist us in rectifying a problem. Zero negatives to mention and will definitely return there in the future. It is easy to see why they have received so many accolades in recent years!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Nick C,

I hope your travels back to beautiful Wisconsin were pleasant, and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Michelle says hello!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again!

French Quarter Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (615)
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the French Quarter Inn. The building is very attractive, inside and out. The service is superb. Being offered champagne upon arrival, and wine and delicious snacks from 5:30 - 6:30 were very endearing, and appreciated. The staff were friendly, and eager to assist. The location is so convenient; it is not a long walk to the South Battery, and to many of the must-see sights, and restaurants.

This inn is highly recommendable.

Room Tip: Get directions to the entrance of the inn. Finding it nearly drove our car's GPS crazy.
Dear Aikenfans,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us, and I hope your travels back to beautiful Aiken were pleasant! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The French Quarter Inn is first class and in my opinion, the only place to stay when in Charleston, conveniently located right outside of the market. The front desk/concierge were extremely helpful in arranging transportation & spa appointments. The beds and pillows were the most comfortable I've ever had, champagne was waiting for us upon our arrival and every evening the beds were turned down and the fireplace turned on for our return. The Inn offers an outstanding continental breakfast - an extensive array of offerings including champagne for your mimosas! The wine and cheese hour everyday is not to be missed. What an impressive offering of wine/cheeses/sliced meats/olives and.... a perfect time of day to take a break before enjoying the charm of Charleston for the evening. The staff went out of their way to assure that our stay was enjoyable. Don't forget to stop in the lobby for cookies and tea before turning in at night. How can you ask for more?

Room Tip: If you can, request a room with a view over the market place with a balcony or terrace - exquisite!
Green Features: Very green and environmentally oriented with recycling in each room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear escapetocape,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us, and I hope you are doing well down in beautiful Florida! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I would like to commend the staff at the French Quarter Inn for the hospitality we were afforded. From the pleasant reservation process with Daryl to the front desk charm of Jenny and the GM himself Brent, the stay was a fun and very pleasant experience. The Inn was the best that I have stayed at- period. I have traveled the world I might add....
My wife and I will return in the fall.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great.
Green Features: My wife and I were impressed with the waste basket in the bathroom that actually was divided for recycled materials---what attention to details!
Dear john b,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us, and I thank you for such high praises about my team and our amenities! We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Jenny and Daryl says hello!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed Aug 2013 - we booked this hotel based on our need to be central to all that we wanted to see and do in Charleston and it did not disappoint, although they could have done better with check in process ( we arrived later than originally planned and there was only one person manning both the doors - that was closed - and it was the same person that opened the door for us to do the check in), also breakfast could have been more varied, lots of pastries and carbs and not alot of protein and for the price of this hotel they could have served better breakfast, for this reason i gave it an average, bec it is touted as a luxury hotel but it wasnt really in my opinion.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ainah1975
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear ainah1975,

I hope you are having a wonderful day back home in beautiful California! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed many elements of our Inn during your visit a year ago, but as a passionate service professional, you can imagine that I am disappointed to read that we did not meet all of your expectations and for that, I sincerely apologize on behalf of the entire team. We stay 100% committed to excellence so that every guest's high expectations of us are met or exceeded. I am deeply disappointed and am sorry that we did not meet your perception of luxury.

I hope you are able to visit us again as it would be a pleasure to welcome y’all back and to demonstrate our commitment to excellence. Please contact me directly if you are planning a visit to the area again, and do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This was our first time in Charleston. Definitely plan on returning. French Quarter Inn is in the perfect location of downtown. Everything was within such a short walk. Although it was busy on this side of town, I did not hear noise at all from our room. Rooms are very well insulated. Guests were very upscale. Staff was as well. They are all very anxious to please. The hotel itself is decorated beautifully with true southern furnishings. We especially enjoyed having a coffee bar right outside our room, the free breakfast w/ mimosas, the wine and cheese hour, the cookies and milk hour......the special touches that were complimentary made it truly upscale. Our room was immaculate upon arriving, and cleaned immaculately every day. We loved having Tommy Condon's across the street. Great place for drinks and appetizers. Oak Steakhouse was one of our favorites, along with Magnolias. Really you can't go wrong anywhere you choose to dine. Take advantage of the bikes at the hotel. It is so much fun taking a morning bike ride around the city. Especially before it gets crowded. Middleton Place was an amazing experience. Most beautiful piece of property we have ever seen. Rent a car downtown and drive out there. Definitely not a bike ride away but definitely not to be missed!!! I cant imagine having stayed anywhere else during our stay in Charleston. We were so pampered and comfortable here it almost would have effected our trip had we stayed elsewhere. Our only complaint for management is the weak water pressure in the showers. However, that is the only single item of imperfection during our stay. Thank you French Quarter Inn!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear kris200,

I hope you are doing well back in the GREAT state of Texas! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 April 2014

You cannot find a more centrally located hotel with the customer service that the French Quarter Inn offers. It was a bit difficult to find, but a phone call to the front desk guided us right in. I have been traveling the Charleston for vacation since 1996 and have not ever encountered an establishment so friendly and accommodating. If you arrive before check-in, they allow you to park, pre-register and go about enjoying your day downtown. They took my number and called my cell once my room was available. You can easily walk anywhere from this hotel. The valet and bell staff take care of getting you settled in the room. Champagne is offered upon arrival. The lobby always has refreshments and snacks available. The only drawback is the construction next door. After paying money for a terrace room, it was a MAJOR disappointment to have large obstructions of the views and LOUD noise early in the morning. I would check on this before booking. The entire hotel was literally shaking when work was taking place. The continental breakfast was the best ever and you could have it brought to your room. Overall, I would stay again but would request to be as far away from construction as possible. It looks like that particular room (310) will be permanently effected by the build and whatever is being erected will obstruct views.

1 Thank Amy K
Dear Amy K,

I hope you are doing well in beautiful Charlotte! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! However, I am deeply disappointed to read that you experienced some failures during your visit with us, and I apologize for the construction noise of the new building next door. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.