US$503
  • Pool
The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$284
  • Restaurant
King Charles Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$341
US$409
  • Breakfast included
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$224
  • Restaurant
Francis Marion Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$261
  • Restaurant
Sleep Inn Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$138
SleepInn
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$124
3,094 results
All reviewspillow menucookies and milkglass of champagnewine and cheesejelly beansport winedetox waterchampagne on arrivalcontinental breakfastturn down servicem msevening cookiesquichewithin walking distanceearly eveningsouthern hospitalitythe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This hotel is within walking distance of everything. Staff is very cordial and helpful. If they didn't call you by Mr. and Mrs, it would be like home. The room was adequate. For $700 though, it should have , at the very least , had a view of something more than a back alley. I have traveled worldwide and don,t believe I ever spent that much for a room. Not in Tokyo nor Manhattan. Feel kinda like I got taken advantage of. On a dining note, the restaurant recommended by the staff, did something I'd never witnessed. The waitress sent me a thankyou note for dining with them! Don't think she found me attractive or that I tipped that extravagantly.

Room Tip: check for "deals"
4  Thank rock72777
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear rock72777,

I hope you are doing well back home in New Jersey! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us, and on behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. I am however disappointed to read that we were not able to fully satisfy the entire value of your room rate and apologize for this issue. Now, if we can only do away with these mandated taxes and fees which can be so burdensome...that would be a delight! I hope you are pleased to learn that we are planning a guestroom enhancement later this summer, and I hope you will return and experience the rooms as they will most certainly be one of the many highlights during your visit to Charleston! Also, the passed note from the waitress is indeed entertaining to read!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We have stayed at the FQI before and we always have a good time. The rooms are not the absolute best since the chairs are very uncomfortable and the bathroom lacks a bath tub. The service more then makes up for what the room lacks. The staff will get you anything anytime you want it. I would also say that the rooms get a total cleaning every day, not just remake the bed and give you clean towels.

Room Tip: There is construction on the East side of the hotel, try to avoid that side.
2  Thank southwestguy
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear southwestguy,

I hope your travels back home were pleasant! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us, and it was a pleasure having y'all back at our Inn! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. I apologize for the construction next door. On a positive note, we are delighted to say that we will update all of our guestroom's seating chairs and other select pieces of furniture--I hope you will visit again and experience them!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I just returned from a visit to Charleston. A wonderful city, but a big part of the trip was staying at this hotel. The customer service was the best I have ever seen. There was nothing they wouldn't do for you to make your stay comfortable. I have stayed in many hotels but this one is definitely my favorite. I will return!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear christina a,

I hope all is well back home in beautiful Illinois. Wow...I thank you for such high praises, and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The French Quarter Inn is a charming well run wonderful hotel. The staff is very efficient and helpful and the rooms are as advertised. We stayed over a rainy and cool weekend to attend a wedding. All the other guests stayed elsewhere. We were thrilled to stay at the FQI, especially after a long day of shopping and walking. The afternoon wine, enjoyed in the privacy of our room by the fireplace, was really special. You can't be hungry or thirsty. The day starts with a complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea/wine, evening milk and cookies. You get the idea. They could use a fitness center and the TV should be upgraded to HDTV! Not sure when I would get back to Charleston, but when I do I know where I am staying.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony and a fireplace. Both come in handy!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Michael G,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. We will actually have HDTV next month in which we are all excited about, and we are also looking at viable options for a fitness area on-property.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 3 night stay at the French Quarter Inn. The location is fantastic; right in the heart of the historic district within walking distance to shops, restaurants and carriage tours. The open market place is great for shopping in addition to the boutique shops. The French Quarter Inn is by far an outstanding hotel. It was spotless and all of the staff were friendly & helpful. Our room was cleaned in the morning and if necessary in the evening at turn down service time. Amazing... Many complimentary treats/ drinks were available throughout the day... every little touch to make you feel pampered was provided. We highly recommend a stay here and cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear DERO91,

I hope your travels back to the great city of Boston were pleasant! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.