“Spring Special”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #1 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Took our daughter for her birthday in mid March, saw a spring special online, great rate. From Myrtle Beach and go to Charleston often and have stayed at several other places and will make The French Quarter a regular. We had a courtyard view which I was fine with, the hotel is beautiful and I don't feel I spend a lot of time looking out the window...By the time you trek around the city, eat, drink, shop and get some goodies at the hotel managers hour with wine and refreshments you are ready to relax. The staff treated my 4 year old daughter wonderfully. Extra treats, chocolates and grape juice when we returned from our day out. She can't wait to go back and has been to all the other places we have stayed, only asks to go back there. Will be going back, hotel and everything is worth the money. If you want a lavish room and don't mind paying for it go here. Really the rates aren't that different from others and the hotel is superb in comparison.

Room Tip: Inner rooms still have a nice view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear sta4wv,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Surfside Beach! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is our second stay at the French Quarter Inn. I hope it will not be our last. I think it is one of the best Inns that we stay at. The staff is absolutely wonderful - always willing to help, give a warm hello or answer questions. They greet you with a glass of champagne to help you settle after your drive. They always have flavored ice water available throughout the day. The offer a great continental breakfast in the morning and wonderful wine and cheeses in the afternoon. There is also milk, cookies and port in the evenings. The rooms are wonderful - I never have a problem sleeping when staying there. They are extremely clean and well kept. I love the proximity of everything to this Inn. We have them park our car and do not ever bring it out while we are there just walking every where we go. There are plenty of restaurants and things to do. While there I had a chance to speak with one of the managers, Scott, and he told us about the new Inn that is being built right next to this Inn. This will give them more rooms which will be great as when I booked there were only 2 rooms available. Can't wait to see it once it is complete. Scott was wonderful to talk with and was so enthusiastic - he really seemed to love being a part of this place. He took plenty of time to talk to us and I never felt it was a bother at all. I have enjoyed this Inn so much that when we travel and need a place to stay the first places I look at are part of the Stash group just like the French Quarter Inn. We have stayed at others within this group and have not been disappointed. Although - the French Quarter Inn certainly sets a standard that is hard to beat. Can't wait to return,

Room Tip: Both time we have stayed here we have had a room with a small balcony off it and have enjoyed sittin...
1  Thank Susan V
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Susan V,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us again, and I hope your travels back home to New York were pleasant ! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Scott says hello!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I just spent a weekend in Charleston with my family. The French Quarter Inn is a very nice hotel, within walking distance of most everything. The staff could not have been more helpful and pleasant. The rooms were very clean, but the views were very disappointing.
It was pouring rain during the first night of our stay, and there was a constant heavy banging which kept some of us awake. I wondered whether it was a pump.
Breakfast was just okay. In a city where food seems to be so important, and considering the price of a hotel room, I expected more elaborate breakfast options. It was a buffet style breakfast with limited choices. No hot dishes.
During the day, there was a plentiful supply of different snacks/drinks. The cookies were particularly good.
All in all, a wonderful stay, but the hotel was overpriced for what it had to offer: wonderful staff, great location, beautiful property, but poor views, mediocre breakfast, no amenities such fitness center or pool.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Niki500

Dear Niki500,

I hope you are having a wonderful day back home in beautiful California! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed many elements of our Inn during your visit a year ago, but as a passionate service professional, you can imagine that I am disappointed to read that we did not meet all of your expectations and for that, I sincerely apologize on behalf of the entire team. We stay 100% committed to excellence so that every guest's high expectations of us are met or exceeded. We hope to have our new hot breakfast items implement this summer, and they will most certainly be of high quality and very yummy!

I hope you are able to visit us again as it would be a pleasure to welcome y’all back and to demonstrate our commitment to excellence. Please contact me directly if you are planning a visit to the area again, and do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This hotel is within walking distance of everything. Staff is very cordial and helpful. If they didn't call you by Mr. and Mrs, it would be like home. The room was adequate. For $700 though, it should have , at the very least , had a view of something more than a back alley. I have traveled worldwide and don,t believe I ever spent that much for a room. Not in Tokyo nor Manhattan. Feel kinda like I got taken advantage of. On a dining note, the restaurant recommended by the staff, did something I'd never witnessed. The waitress sent me a thankyou note for dining with them! Don't think she found me attractive or that I tipped that extravagantly.

Room Tip: check for "deals"
4  Thank rock72777

Dear rock72777,

I hope you are doing well back home in New Jersey! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us, and on behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. I am however disappointed to read that we were not able to fully satisfy the entire value of your room rate and apologize for this issue. Now, if we can only do away with these mandated taxes and fees which can be so burdensome...that would be a delight! I hope you are pleased to learn that we are planning a guestroom enhancement later this summer, and I hope you will return and experience the rooms as they will most certainly be one of the many highlights during your visit to Charleston! Also, the passed note from the waitress is indeed entertaining to read!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We have stayed at the FQI before and we always have a good time. The rooms are not the absolute best since the chairs are very uncomfortable and the bathroom lacks a bath tub. The service more then makes up for what the room lacks. The staff will get you anything anytime you want it. I would also say that the rooms get a total cleaning every day, not just remake the bed and give you clean towels.

Room Tip: There is construction on the East side of the hotel, try to avoid that side.
2  Thank southwestguy
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear southwestguy,

I hope your travels back home were pleasant! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us, and it was a pleasure having y'all back at our Inn! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. I apologize for the construction next door. On a positive note, we are delighted to say that we will update all of our guestroom's seating chairs and other select pieces of furniture--I hope you will visit again and experience them!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I just returned from a visit to Charleston. A wonderful city, but a big part of the trip was staying at this hotel. The customer service was the best I have ever seen. There was nothing they wouldn't do for you to make your stay comfortable. I have stayed in many hotels but this one is definitely my favorite. I will return!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear christina a,

I hope all is well back home in beautiful Illinois. Wow...I thank you for such high praises, and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The French Quarter Inn is a charming well run wonderful hotel. The staff is very efficient and helpful and the rooms are as advertised. We stayed over a rainy and cool weekend to attend a wedding. All the other guests stayed elsewhere. We were thrilled to stay at the FQI, especially after a long day of shopping and walking. The afternoon wine, enjoyed in the privacy of our room by the fireplace, was really special. You can't be hungry or thirsty. The day starts with a complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea/wine, evening milk and cookies. You get the idea. They could use a fitness center and the TV should be upgraded to HDTV! Not sure when I would get back to Charleston, but when I do I know where I am staying.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony and a fireplace. Both come in handy!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Michael G,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. We will actually have HDTV next month in which we are all excited about, and we are also looking at viable options for a fitness area on-property.