“Perfect location and fantastic staff”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #2 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cape Coral, Florida
“Perfect location and fantastic staff”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We had such a great time at the French Quarter Inn. The service from making reservations to checking out was impeccable. The location to the historic district was perfect and within walking distance to everything we wanted to see and do. We enjoyed the champagne at check in after a long ride. The convenience of the breakfast delivered to your room was wonderful. Every person on the staff was very friendly and helpful. There was not a thing that I would have changed. Mr Treyvon was our favorite staff member, he had such a wonderful sense of humor and always made sure we had everything we needed. When we complimented him he told us that everyone at the French Quarter Inn was as great as he was and was like family. This told me two things, that he was a team player and they truly were like family. I would highly recommend the French Quarter Inn and I will be staying there again when I come back to Charleston.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dianne660
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Dianne660,

I hope all is well back home in beautiful and sunny Florida! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Treyvon says hello!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again!

French Quarter Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (631)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The French Quarter Inn is a charming and beautiful hotel. The entire team offers specialized, friendly, attentive customer service and demonstrates true Southern hospitality. The hotel was within walking distance of the historic district and wonderful restaurants and was a perfect location to celebrate our special occasion. Would definitely recommend as the premier spot to stay in Charleston. We look forward to our next trip to the French Quarter Inn.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the balcony suite overlooking the Market.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Rebecca_Hall_222,

I hope you are doing well back home in the GREAT and beautiful state of Texas! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We had a fantastic stay at the French Quarter Inn. Location is perfect for exploring the historic district. Staff were welcoming and very helpful with choosing restaurants, making reservations, finding tours, etc. Room was beautiful and comfortable. Loved the champagne at check in, wine and cheese reception and breakfast in bed. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Meghanmckeon,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Minnesota! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Islip,ny
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The French Quarter Inn is a luxurious hotel located within walking distance of all Charleston has to offer. The staff is attentive and helpful. Andy helped my husband and I with our rental car and our bags and always greeted us with a friendly smile. Glori was wonderful, assisting us with finding a restaurant, making reservations and arranging for a car to take us to the airport. We enjoyed breakfast in the morning as well as wine and cheese in the afternoon out on the lovely terrace. Thanks to Rodika, in the evening we returned to an immaculately clean room, our bed turned down and bottled water and candy on the bedside. This is an exceptional hotel with an exceptional staff.

Dear mjk85,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us, and I hope all is well back home in New York! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Glori and Rodika says hello!

Southern New Jersey
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The French Quarter Inn is the perfect hotel when you visit Charleston, SC. The front desk staff, as well as the concierge(s) are so friendly and helpful. Look out for our friend, Mr. Paul, at the door of the hotel. We consider him a member of our "family" after our trip!

There are original amenities in the French Quarter Inn including a PILLOW MENU. You can choose a different pillow every night. I sampled a few. They also have bikes for you to use and bike on your own around the city.

The outdoor terrace is a great place to have breakfast and sample late afternoon snacks and evening dessert provided by the hotel! The location can't be beat either. It's right in the center of city, accessible to all the main attractions and restaurants around town.

I would recommend the French Quarter Inn to everyone going to Charleston!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear eln333,

I hope you are doing well and enjoying the spring weather back home in New Jersey! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Mr. Paul says hello!

Surfside Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Took our daughter for her birthday in mid March, saw a spring special online, great rate. From Myrtle Beach and go to Charleston often and have stayed at several other places and will make The French Quarter a regular. We had a courtyard view which I was fine with, the hotel is beautiful and I don't feel I spend a lot of time looking out the window...By the time you trek around the city, eat, drink, shop and get some goodies at the hotel managers hour with wine and refreshments you are ready to relax. The staff treated my 4 year old daughter wonderfully. Extra treats, chocolates and grape juice when we returned from our day out. She can't wait to go back and has been to all the other places we have stayed, only asks to go back there. Will be going back, hotel and everything is worth the money. If you want a lavish room and don't mind paying for it go here. Really the rates aren't that different from others and the hotel is superb in comparison.

Room Tip: Inner rooms still have a nice view
Green Features: Don't know if this counts, but love the selection of organic teas :)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear sta4wv,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Surfside Beach! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

N. Syracuse
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is our second stay at the French Quarter Inn. I hope it will not be our last. I think it is one of the best Inns that we stay at. The staff is absolutely wonderful - always willing to help, give a warm hello or answer questions. They greet you with a glass of champagne to help you settle after your drive. They always have flavored ice water available throughout the day. The offer a great continental breakfast in the morning and wonderful wine and cheeses in the afternoon. There is also milk, cookies and port in the evenings. The rooms are wonderful - I never have a problem sleeping when staying there. They are extremely clean and well kept. I love the proximity of everything to this Inn. We have them park our car and do not ever bring it out while we are there just walking every where we go. There are plenty of restaurants and things to do. While there I had a chance to speak with one of the managers, Scott, and he told us about the new Inn that is being built right next to this Inn. This will give them more rooms which will be great as when I booked there were only 2 rooms available. Can't wait to see it once it is complete. Scott was wonderful to talk with and was so enthusiastic - he really seemed to love being a part of this place. He took plenty of time to talk to us and I never felt it was a bother at all. I have enjoyed this Inn so much that when we travel and need a place to stay the first places I look at are part of the Stash group just like the French Quarter Inn. We have stayed at others within this group and have not been disappointed. Although - the French Quarter Inn certainly sets a standard that is hard to beat. Can't wait to return,

Room Tip: Both time we have stayed here we have had a room with a small balcony off it and have enjoyed sittin...
1 Thank Susan V
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Susan V,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us again, and I hope your travels back home to New York were pleasant ! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Scott says hello!