“Couldn't ask for more from this wonderful Inn”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #1 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 May 2014

A wonderful time at the French Quarter Inn the first weekend of May. From the wonderful breakfast, the top notch wine and cheese hour, the cookies, tea and port wine at night, this Inn does it all first class. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel at home and satisfy any request. The pillow menu is a nice option to compliment the comfortable beds. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this wonderful city. Location is right in the middle of the action with many excellent restaurants, fine shopping, the Charleston Market all right outside the door.

Special props to Trayvon, Mark and Mr. Paul for their efforts in making us feel like a home away from home. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Raymond C
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Raymond C,

I hope all is well back home in New York! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Trayvon, Mark and Mr. Paul all said hello and thank you!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed at the Inn for one night to celebrate our anniversary. Love how when you arrive you feel in complete relax mode! When you arrive there is valet parking which is about $23 per night. Our room was ready when we checked in (that never happens at hotels) which was so nice to get situated. When checking in, we received champagne and Jenny at the front desk took the time to help me go over the map of Charleston to find everywhere we wanted to go & offered great suggestions. Our room was very clean, comfy and spacious. In the lobby you will always find something to drink and take advantage of the wine and cheese before dinner and then cookies and milk after dinner. We had a light Breakfast in the morning which was very enjoyable out on the patio. The Inn offers bikes to use to which allowed us to tour the town and see so much in a brief period of time. The Inn is in a great location and within walking distance to sit by the water, go out to restaurants and stores. Highly recommend the French Quarter Inn when visiting Charleston!

1  Thank heatherNkyle0827

Dear heatherNkyle0827,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us, and I hope y'all are doing well up in beautiful Pennsylvania! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Jenny says hello too!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

My wife and I revisited Charleston, SC this April because it is such an amazing city with so much to see. We stayed at the French Quarter Inn as we did last October (see my previous review). And it is still an amazing property. The staff is still just as nice as last time. Darryl at the reception desk and Mark at the front door are still friendly, courteous and very helpful. They work on remembering your name and greeting you like they are genuinely happy to see you every time that you return to the hotel after a day's excursion.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dancingdentist60189
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear dancingdentist60189,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! It was a delight having y'all back with us. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Illinois!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Outstanding stay at the French Quarter Inn, that truly exceeded my expectations of this lovely,
well appointed Inn. Right from the beginning with my initial call to book a reservation with Emily, who spent quite some time & had lots of patience going over the details & what the Inn was all about! On check in my daughter & I, here to celebrate Mother's Day early as I flew in from Toronto, Canada & she from Atlanta, GA, we were warmly greeted by Jenny & another two people at the front desk, unfortunately, I didn't get their names. Jenny just took us under her wing, and explained in detail all the lovely extras the hotels provide, the bubbly at check-in, the complimentary breakfast, the wine & cheese hour, & not to forget the freshly baked cookies & delicious port in the evening! All of Jenny's recommendations as to what to see, where to eat, etc. We followed to the letter & she was absolutely right! Wow....so over the top, but greatly appreciated and enjoyed! She even managed to upgrade our room the first night! How nice is that!! Location excellent, very safe, clean, lots of great shopping & restaurants, sightseeing. I can't say enough. Sullivan's Island, great beach Jenny recommend. She was absolutely right!
Thank you everyone for making this a memorable trip!!

Room Tip: The rooms are all beautiful, but if you can, try to book the Deluxe Market View Suite. You won'...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank InTheSkyLucy

Dear brrrrrr,

I hope you are doing well back home in Toronto! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Jenny says hello!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We were there to celebrate our Anniversary and it was a wonderful experience from the delicious breakfasts on the patio to the wine and appetizers before dinner. Everyone is friendly and polite and at your service. We loved taking the bikes out for a day of touring the town. Treat yourself and you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Linda F
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Linda F,

I hope you are doing well back home in the GREAT state of Texas! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was my first visit to Charleston. What an introduction to the charming city itself. I arrived early on Sunday afternoon with the expectation that my room may not be ready; however, I was pleasantly surprised. After driving for several hours, it was nice to freshen up before hitting the streets. The Inn is so conveniently located in the historical section to the City Market, restaurants, sightseeing and shopping. The staff was helpful, the room comfortable, and all the treats provided throughout the day are welcomed. A lovely continental breakfast, coffee and cold drinks available all day, wine and cheese in the afternoon and cookies in the evening. One of the most notable perks was having coffee/tea service set up on each floor in the morning so all you needed to do was take several steps outside your room for fresh coffee. I will definitely return to Charleston and the French Quarter Inn. One more note: I elected to stay in Charleston one extra evening and the hotel was sold out. Marvin took care of calling their sister hotel and I was set up with another room at a location just minutes away!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Denise A

Dear Denise A,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful California! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Marvin says hello!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Fabulous Inn! better than any home ( away from home): friendly, comfortable, cozy, upscale and elegant! and right in the middle of the action! Great find! very polite, smiley, accommodating staff. Well thought of selection of wines and food! breakfast, although listed as " continental", are spectacular: great menu and service! Beautiful suite, fantastic bed and magazines! Loved the stay!

Room Tip: a suit on the first floor a must!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Nadrod,

I hope you are doing well back home in Massachusetts, and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us and that we were better than any home away from home! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.