“Best Stay Ever!!”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #2 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I must begin by saying that the staff at this hotel is unbelievably friendly. I only live (and have for my whole life) about 1 hours so I am used to the "Southern Hospitality", but this staff goes beyond just being nice. They made it a very welcome place to stay.Very nice property. Room was large and nicely furnished. Excellent customer service and complimentary breakfast. They even gave my mother a bottle of bottle of champagne for her Birthday. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel. I can't say enough about my stay.

Anthony
Unit 213

Room Tip: Make sure to book a Terrace Suite the view is beautiful.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Anthony S,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in nearby Orangeburg! I thank you for choosing us to celebrate such a special occasion, and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. Yes sir, the Terrace Suites are truly amazing! We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, we appreciate you sharing such wonderful photos from your visit--I know other travelers will enjoy them as well.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again!

There are newer reviews for French Quarter Inn

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I was pleased to stay at the French Quarter Inn for a girls' weekend. We wanted for nothing at this hotel. From booking, to arrival, to the fabulous room, to departure, this hotel is unsurpassed in customer service. Jenny and Darryl were especially helpful during our stay, and even the bellmen went above and beyond. The room was fabulous. The location couldn't be beat. The hotel was small and friendly enough that staff people greeted your whole party (not just the person whose credit card they have) whenever you came by. It seemed like the people enjoyed their jobs enough to give top-level service at every turn. I was afforded more than one demonstration of going the extra mile, and it made our weekend.

The other little perks included a pillow menu, which is always handy when you are traveling with friends. Also, there are constantly snacks, wine, drinks, cookies, or some other little indulgence that will tide you over until your dinner reservation or after a morning of sight seeing. The patio was perfect for the afternoon wine hour and was never overcrowded.

I have read reviews that mention the lack of views, lack of a fitness center, and lack of a pool. All those things are true. However, just ask Jenny or Darryl and they can tell you about awesome tours of the city, jogging across the Ravenel bridge, and the Sullivan's Island beach. So people looking for those things while at FQI just need to ask and they will get pointed in the right direction.

We could not have asked for more!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eelyo

Dear Eelyo,

Both Jenny and Daryl insisted that I first tell you that they say hello! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, I thank you for such an informative review--I know other travelers will enjoy reading it too!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

A wonderful time at the French Quarter Inn the first weekend of May. From the wonderful breakfast, the top notch wine and cheese hour, the cookies, tea and port wine at night, this Inn does it all first class. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel at home and satisfy any request. The pillow menu is a nice option to compliment the comfortable beds. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this wonderful city. Location is right in the middle of the action with many excellent restaurants, fine shopping, the Charleston Market all right outside the door.

Special props to Trayvon, Mark and Mr. Paul for their efforts in making us feel like a home away from home. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Raymond C

Dear Raymond C,

I hope all is well back home in New York! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Trayvon, Mark and Mr. Paul all said hello and thank you!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed at the Inn for one night to celebrate our anniversary. Love how when you arrive you feel in complete relax mode! When you arrive there is valet parking which is about $23 per night. Our room was ready when we checked in (that never happens at hotels) which was so nice to get situated. When checking in, we received champagne and Jenny at the front desk took the time to help me go over the map of Charleston to find everywhere we wanted to go & offered great suggestions. Our room was very clean, comfy and spacious. In the lobby you will always find something to drink and take advantage of the wine and cheese before dinner and then cookies and milk after dinner. We had a light Breakfast in the morning which was very enjoyable out on the patio. The Inn offers bikes to use to which allowed us to tour the town and see so much in a brief period of time. The Inn is in a great location and within walking distance to sit by the water, go out to restaurants and stores. Highly recommend the French Quarter Inn when visiting Charleston!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank heatherNkyle0827

Dear heatherNkyle0827,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us, and I hope y'all are doing well up in beautiful Pennsylvania! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Jenny says hello too!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

My wife and I revisited Charleston, SC this April because it is such an amazing city with so much to see. We stayed at the French Quarter Inn as we did last October (see my previous review). And it is still an amazing property. The staff is still just as nice as last time. Darryl at the reception desk and Mark at the front door are still friendly, courteous and very helpful. They work on remembering your name and greeting you like they are genuinely happy to see you every time that you return to the hotel after a day's excursion.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dancingdentist60189
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear dancingdentist60189,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! It was a delight having y'all back with us. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Illinois!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Outstanding stay at the French Quarter Inn, that truly exceeded my expectations of this lovely,
well appointed Inn. Right from the beginning with my initial call to book a reservation with Emily, who spent quite some time & had lots of patience going over the details & what the Inn was all about! On check in my daughter & I, here to celebrate Mother's Day early as I flew in from Toronto, Canada & she from Atlanta, GA, we were warmly greeted by Jenny & another two people at the front desk, unfortunately, I didn't get their names. Jenny just took us under her wing, and explained in detail all the lovely extras the hotels provide, the bubbly at check-in, the complimentary breakfast, the wine & cheese hour, & not to forget the freshly baked cookies & delicious port in the evening! All of Jenny's recommendations as to what to see, where to eat, etc. We followed to the letter & she was absolutely right! Wow....so over the top, but greatly appreciated and enjoyed! She even managed to upgrade our room the first night! How nice is that!! Location excellent, very safe, clean, lots of great shopping & restaurants, sightseeing. I can't say enough. Sullivan's Island, great beach Jenny recommend. She was absolutely right!
Thank you everyone for making this a memorable trip!!

Room Tip: The rooms are all beautiful, but if you can, try to book the Deluxe Market View Suite. You won'...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank InTheSkyLucy

Dear brrrrrr,

I hope you are doing well back home in Toronto! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Jenny says hello!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We were there to celebrate our Anniversary and it was a wonderful experience from the delicious breakfasts on the patio to the wine and appetizers before dinner. Everyone is friendly and polite and at your service. We loved taking the bikes out for a day of touring the town. Treat yourself and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda F
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Linda F,

I hope you are doing well back home in the GREAT state of Texas! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.