“Great trip (as usual) to The French Quarter Inn”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #2 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great trip (as usual) to The French Quarter Inn”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I have been visiting The French Quarter Inn in Charleston, SC for many years now (since soon after they opened). Each visit has been wonderful and this last visit was no exception. In fact the hotel has recently upgraded its furnishings and returned to classical music played in the lobby which we really enjoy.

The service is top notch from the reservations, to check-in, bell service, housekeeping, etc. We enjoyed working with Karen Wharley and "Lori" in Reservations - they were helpful and professional. The front desk staff is always friendly and helpful as well, and also knowledgeable of the Charleston area. We enjoyed Michelle and Jenny who work the front desk.

The General Manager, Brent Gresham, takes personal attention to his guests and truly endeavors to make your visit memorable and ensures you will want to return - which we always do !

Room Tip: There are two rooms that have large outside terraces - both of which have a wonderful view of the f...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Frederick S,

It was great having y'all back with us, and I thank you for your camaraderie to our Inn! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again!

French Quarter Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (623)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Beautiful hotel, excellent staff. Right in the middle of everything you want to see in Charleston. Easy walk to all attractions from the hotel. We had one little glitch durning our stay, but after contacting maintenance it was resolved the following day. Breakfast was perfect and delivered to your room. The wine & cheese hour was very nice, the staff serving in the evening was very friendly. Very cool pillow service that you can go through the menu and order pillows to your liking. One of the most comfortable beds we ever stayed in. Valet service was great the guys that take care of your were very informative, friendly and answer any question you may have. As we checked out we explained some of our issues we encountered, they handled it very professionally. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that wishes to splurge.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kurtnpam
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear kurtnpam,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us, and I hope y'all are doing well down in beautiful Louisiana! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I visited Charleston for our mini-moon right after we got married and spent 3 nights at the French Quarter Inn. We loved everything about it! They truly know the meaning of southern hospitality. As soon as we arrived, Jenny, behind the front desk, greeted us with champagne and upgraded our room. She was wonderful throughout our entire stay and made us feel so welcome. Our favorite part of each day was the complementary cocktail hour, which includes a delicious selection of meats, cheeses, olives, breads and of course, wine! The continental breakfast was also great - with a large variety of choices. The hotel is in a great location, we walked everywhere. We also really enjoyed using the bikes that the hotel offers to guests and bicycling around the city. We will definitely stay at the French Quarter Inn during our next trip to Charleston.

2 Thank jamaes22
Dear jamaes22,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Massachusetts! I thank you for choosing us to celebrate such a special occasion, and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Jenny says hello!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Upon checking into the French Quarter Inn, we were offered champagne while the receptionist complete the paperwork...and so this is the beginning of what southern hospitality really means in Charleston! There was 24/7 hot coffee, tea, and water in the lobby--even on the second floor. Breakfast included a great variety of fruits, quiche, breads, yogurt, salumi and sweets. We ate in the courtyard under shady umbrellas but the lobby was well appointed with comfortable and period furnishings. But what sets this inn apart from others is not only its exemplary service but also the immaculately appointed large rooms. Although our room was overlooking the marketplace, we did not hear the noise. The air conditioner was almost noiseless. I looked forward to "coming home" after a day of tours!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny,. Although the parking fee was $22 a day, it was well worth it bec...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear ToishanNui,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful San Fransisco! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

long island, ny
Reviewed 31 May 2014

While we were thrilled the first night of our stay, we were disappointed after that. Turn down service was so nice the first night - didn't exist the second night. Concierge couldn't recommend what to see and do in the city. Asked for pillows and they were thrown on the bed. No new ice, no new glasses - for close to $500 a night I expect much better. Will check out other properties next visit.

4 Thank beachlover11702
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear beachlover11702,

I hope you are doing well back home in New York! I am delighted to read that y'all enjoy most of your stay with us, but as you can imagine, I am disappointed you experienced some service failures during your visit with us. I sincerely apologize we did not deliver a perfect experience. I do wish that my team had the opportunity to recover from these mishaps as I know we could have rebuilt your trust in our services. As a frequent traveler myself, I understand that failures do occur in establishments relying predominantly on human labor, and I always strive to give the establishment the opportunity first to resolve the maters in which I experienced. What sets us apart from our competitors is that when a failure does occur, which it will no matter the establishment in any sector of business, we respond passionately and authentically so that you have trust in us that we do truly care about our guests and their loved ones. As you may know from our awards and guest accolades, we pride ourselves on exceptional service, so for my team not to have the opportunity to recover from this before you publicly voice your experience and disservice our earned reputation, it is that in which I am deeply disappointed about. Nevertheless, I thank you for informing us of our failures, and we do take these matters seriously, and I promise you we will investigate these matters so that a guest of our Inn may never experience less than perfection. If you feel the need to discuss this matter over the phone, please feel free to call me at 843.724.4340. I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can prove to you our commitment to excellence.

Brent Gresham
General Manger
Laurinburg, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 May 2014

French Quarter Inn has an excellent location adjacent to Market Street and close to many restaurants, shopping and activities. Upon arrival, Mark (bellhop?) immediately created us and inquired our names and from that point onward, we were greeted personally with his contagious smile. Extremely prompt check in with a run down of services. Continental breakfast is amazing with fresh fruit, several juices, pastries, etc...The staff was always very friendly and eager to assist in any way possible. The room was lovely and cozy; truly the most comfortable beds we have slept on that were in competition with our beds at home! The bathroom was enormous with great shower. Can you believe they offer cookies and milk to their customers at night? Adorable! We will definitely be coming back again...

2 Thank Hroudarooter
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Hroudarooter,

I hope all is well back in our beautiful sister-state! Wow...I thank you for such high praises! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! Mark insists that I tell y'all he says hello too! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Bruxelles, Belgium
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I cannot agree more with the other reviewers, This hotel is really excellent. Elegant, extreme care in every details, great location.
Rooms are on the small side, but everything is there and above all they very clean and quiet. The bed is really comfortable and we had a good sleep. Big bathroom, with great shower.
Very good breakfast in the patio. The wine-and-cheese reception is in fact a truly rich Italian style aperitive, with a wide selection of nibbles. Memorable cookies and milk or Port and chocolate pralines before going to bed.
The only regret is that we stayed only for one night. But hopefully we will be back again.

Dear arancia,

I hope you are having a wonderful evening back home in beautiful Belgium! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Hopefully when y'all return, maybe y'all can stay a few more nights!