“Nothing I can add it's all been said!”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #1 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I'll keep this short as there is little to add to the previous reviews. The hotel is fantastic. Our room was one of the largest I have ever stayed in; it was beautiful, comfortable, spotlessly clean and had a little balcony overlooking the market. Every morning there was fresh coffee in the corridor just outside our room. The breakfast was excellent, the complimentary wine was good quality and all the staff were lovely.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

I hope your travels back to beautiful England were pleasant! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again!

French Quarter Inn

Write a ReviewReviews (2,985)

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is a great location, over the top excellent staff. Went above and beyond in helping plan my parent's 50th anniversary. They said their stay could not have been better and Jenny was a great help in all of that.
Thanks for everything!
Teri T

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teri T
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Teri T,

I hope y'all are doing well up the road! I thank you for choosing us to celebrate such a special occasion with us, and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Although this hotel is somewhat pricey, it cannot be beat for the value. The location is just steps away from the center of town. The rooms were lovely and the hotel is unique in its afternoon wine and cheese offering. Sweets and beverages are available later in the same lobby setting. This is a first class operation and no visit to Charleston should be complete without a stay in this outstanding hotel which offers the best of southern hospitality

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the patio offer an oasis in the city
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear SacandagaRichardsons,

I hope you are doing well back home in New Jersey! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I have been visiting The French Quarter Inn in Charleston, SC for many years now (since soon after they opened). Each visit has been wonderful and this last visit was no exception. In fact the hotel has recently upgraded its furnishings and returned to classical music played in the lobby which we really enjoy.

The service is top notch from the reservations, to check-in, bell service, housekeeping, etc. We enjoyed working with Karen Wharley and "Lori" in Reservations - they were helpful and professional. The front desk staff is always friendly and helpful as well, and also knowledgeable of the Charleston area. We enjoyed Michelle and Jenny who work the front desk.

The General Manager, Brent Gresham, takes personal attention to his guests and truly endeavors to make your visit memorable and ensures you will want to return - which we always do !

Room Tip: There are two rooms that have large outside terraces - both of which have a wonderful view of the f...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Frederick S,

It was great having y'all back with us, and I thank you for your camaraderie to our Inn! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Beautiful hotel, excellent staff. Right in the middle of everything you want to see in Charleston. Easy walk to all attractions from the hotel. We had one little glitch durning our stay, but after contacting maintenance it was resolved the following day. Breakfast was perfect and delivered to your room. The wine & cheese hour was very nice, the staff serving in the evening was very friendly. Very cool pillow service that you can go through the menu and order pillows to your liking. One of the most comfortable beds we ever stayed in. Valet service was great the guys that take care of your were very informative, friendly and answer any question you may have. As we checked out we explained some of our issues we encountered, they handled it very professionally. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that wishes to splurge.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kurtnpam
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear kurtnpam,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us, and I hope y'all are doing well down in beautiful Louisiana! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I visited Charleston for our mini-moon right after we got married and spent 3 nights at the French Quarter Inn. We loved everything about it! They truly know the meaning of southern hospitality. As soon as we arrived, Jenny, behind the front desk, greeted us with champagne and upgraded our room. She was wonderful throughout our entire stay and made us feel so welcome. Our favorite part of each day was the complementary cocktail hour, which includes a delicious selection of meats, cheeses, olives, breads and of course, wine! The continental breakfast was also great - with a large variety of choices. The hotel is in a great location, we walked everywhere. We also really enjoyed using the bikes that the hotel offers to guests and bicycling around the city. We will definitely stay at the French Quarter Inn during our next trip to Charleston.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jamaes22

Dear jamaes22,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Massachusetts! I thank you for choosing us to celebrate such a special occasion, and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Jenny says hello!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Upon checking into the French Quarter Inn, we were offered champagne while the receptionist complete the paperwork...and so this is the beginning of what southern hospitality really means in Charleston! There was 24/7 hot coffee, tea, and water in the lobby--even on the second floor. Breakfast included a great variety of fruits, quiche, breads, yogurt, salumi and sweets. We ate in the courtyard under shady umbrellas but the lobby was well appointed with comfortable and period furnishings. But what sets this inn apart from others is not only its exemplary service but also the immaculately appointed large rooms. Although our room was overlooking the marketplace, we did not hear the noise. The air conditioner was almost noiseless. I looked forward to "coming home" after a day of tours!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny,. Although the parking fee was $22 a day, it was well worth it bec...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear ToishanNui,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful San Fransisco! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.