“Best Experience Ever”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #1 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the French Quarter Inn for our honeymoon and it was the best lodging experience we've ever had. From the moment we pulled in, everyone from the valets, bellstaff, front desk staff and housekeepers were outstanding. We made the reservation with them over other hotels that we investigated in Charleston because of the friendliness of Glori, the booking agent I spoke with initially on the phone. We don't regret it for a moment and will definitely be returning the next time we're in town!

1  Thank Joe K
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Joe K,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Maryland! Wow--I thank you for such high praises! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Certainly one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. I see it as a large boutique hotel. The location is perfect - you can walk anywhere. There is no restaurant, but the hotel is surrounded by restaurants. Instead they offered so many little amenities that made our stay special - champagne when we checked in, an evening serving of port, fresh coffee in the corridor outside our room every morning, etc. Their breakfast is described as 'continental' but is much more than that, with almost everything you could want including champagne and orange juice. Our room 310 was very comfortable, with a large outdoor terrace. I would definitely stay here again.

3  Thank Ted R

Dear Ted R,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, room 310 is one of my favorite rooms too!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is how a hotel should be operated.The room was large clean and very comfortable. The location could not have been better. The entire staff was excellent. Everything about the French Quarter Inn was perfect.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank gus918

Dear gus918,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Maryland! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights and it was the best hotel experience I have ever had. The amenities alone are incredible (champagne at check-in, mimosas for breakfast, wine and cheese reception in the evening, and delicious chocolates at night to name just a few) but the service is what really made the experience for me. All of the staff was incredibly kind and friendly and seemed to enjoy what they were doing. I want to mention Treyvon, Valentina, and Mr. Paul especially for their kindness and hospitality. This is the only place I will stay in Charleston from here on out and I recommend the same for anyone visiting this richly historical city.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank L8dyLuck

Dear L8dyLuck,

I thank you for such high praises! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Mr. Paul, Valentina, and Treyvon all say hello!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I'll keep this short as there is little to add to the previous reviews. The hotel is fantastic. Our room was one of the largest I have ever stayed in; it was beautiful, comfortable, spotlessly clean and had a little balcony overlooking the market. Every morning there was fresh coffee in the corridor just outside our room. The breakfast was excellent, the complimentary wine was good quality and all the staff were lovely.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

I hope your travels back to beautiful England were pleasant! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is a great location, over the top excellent staff. Went above and beyond in helping plan my parent's 50th anniversary. They said their stay could not have been better and Jenny was a great help in all of that.
Thanks for everything!
Teri T

1  Thank Teri T
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Teri T,

I hope y'all are doing well up the road! I thank you for choosing us to celebrate such a special occasion with us, and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Although this hotel is somewhat pricey, it cannot be beat for the value. The location is just steps away from the center of town. The rooms were lovely and the hotel is unique in its afternoon wine and cheese offering. Sweets and beverages are available later in the same lobby setting. This is a first class operation and no visit to Charleston should be complete without a stay in this outstanding hotel which offers the best of southern hospitality

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the patio offer an oasis in the city