“Southern Charm in Charleston”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #1 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Absolutely loved this inn. Staff was pleasant and efficient; we wanted for nothing during our four day stay. We had a lovely suite with a huge balcony where we enjoyed breakfast each morning delivered with a smile and no extra charge. Bed was very comfortable; bathroom large with a nice oversized shower. Afternoon snacks and evening cookies were great. Inn is perfectly located for visiting historical Charleston. It is a block from the market, carriage rides, many beautiful homes, a few blocks from the bay front, and close to many of Charleston's best restaurants. Glori in reception and Trayvon who worked the bell and parking desk were especially cordial and helpful. We would opt for this inn again and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Even though it costs a little more, a room with a balcony is worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Kamainatraveler,

I hope you are doing well back home in lovely Mililani! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Glori says hello!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Recently had our management group of 22 people spent 5+ nights at FQI. We stay in fine hotels all over the US. This is a special place. We received friendly, excellent personal service. There was great attention to every detail, free breakfast every morning, evening wine hour, and coffee every morning in hallway outside the rooms. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable, and the location is perfect. FQI received very high marks and praise from our group members.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Scott D

Dear Scott D,

I hope you and your loved ones had a great Independence Day weekend back home in New Jersey! I am delighted to read that you and your group enjoyed your visit with us--I thank you for choosing us to host your prominent group! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I went on a mother/daughter weekend get away over Memorial Day and was wow'd from the first minute we arrived at the hotel. The staff was very friendly. They greeted us with champagne upon check in. They were so sweet and surprised us with an upgraded room. It was amazing and had a huge patio overlooking market street. The location is right in the heart of Charleston and close to everything. The hotel is very clean and decorated beautifully. We also liked the extra touches like the wine and cheese hour and cookies. The breakfast was also very good. The staff and hotel really made our visit to Charleston special and a trip we won't soon forget. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lori F
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Lori F,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Charlotte! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We crossed the USA (having started in Australia) last November and were charmed and delighted to find the French Quarter Inn every bit as good as many previous reviewers have described. Our room was a large business suite overlooking the markets with views extending to the river. The bed was comfortable and the wifi reasonable. The Inn's staff were exceptionally helpful and we loved the breakfast, the afternoon cocktail hour and on one occasion even partook of the fresh-baked cookies and milk in the evening. The location of the Inn is excellent and it makes a good, central starting point for any walking tour of Charleston. We found the price quite reasonable given the service and facilities.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John G

Dear John G,

Reviewed 24 June 2014

It is a beautiful hotel sparkeling clean with excellent service.However it is missing amenities.There is no swimming pool no spa and no restaurant.Breakfast is included but even that is not made in the hotel but brought in from all over.Breakfast is ok but not outstanding.The location is great

Room Tip: I have not seen any other rooms,We were on the second floor with a small balcony
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tita955
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear tita955m,

I hope you are doing well back home in New York! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. We do hope to have the new restaurant open this fall, and due to our size, a spa and pool was very difficult to include within the property. As this property hopefully expands next year, we do hope to have some of those services available to our guests, and I hope you can return to experience some of them!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The location is great, right across from the market and close to the best restaurants. Enjoyed champagne upon arrival as we were escorted to our rooms! The room was lovely. The pillow menu took our breath away- what a nice touch. The cocktail hour and cookies and milk at bedtime added to the ambience and we really felt pampered. The concierge was very helpful and answered every question as if it was of the utmost importance. The price may be higher than others nearby, but the value was worth it. When we come back to Charleston in the future, we will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank klockGeorgia
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear klockGeorgia,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Georgia!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My daughters and I stayed at this phenomenal hotel our our trip home from Florida as a mid-way stop. Not an inexpensive place, but unlike many "nice" hotels this was worth every penny! It begins when you arrive, realizing you are staying dead in the heart of historic Charleston, whose history dwarfs even Savannah.

The place is drop-dead beautiful, and kept well that way. My daughters came out of the restroom on the lobby/concierge level, exclaiming, "That was the nicest bathroom we ever saw!" The upgraded room was immaculate and full of character. The girls didn't want to leave, so we didn't book a tour or anything, and only ventured out for dinner.

We opted for breakfast delivered in the morning. I went out for a run in the morning while they were still asleep. Because we didn't order breakfast delivered until 0800-0830 (which was fantastic by the way), I was thinking it would be nice to find some coffee somewhere. My mouth dropped to the floor when I stepped outside into the beautiful hallway, and right in the middle of the hallway was the the nicest coffee service set up for guests on the floor! It's like they read my mind.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Bob B

Dear Bob B,

I hope you and your family are doing well back home in beautiful Virginia! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.