“Perfect location, elegant boutique hotel”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #2 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cleveland
“Perfect location, elegant boutique hotel”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Booked last minute, so had to change rooms. The double queen room was roomy, excellent beds and good price at $270. This room has a combination bath tub shower. The second room was a junior king suite. Disappointed to see it was actually the same room, one less window with a pull out couch instead of another bed. The bathroom had no tub, but nice walk in glass shower. The price difference was substantial, room was $455. Not worth the price difference at all and really can't call it a suite. Location is right next to the open air markets. We walked everywhere. Champagne at check in, although it took over 30 minutes to get our bags, we actually left to walk around before they came. They always have light snack and drinks available. Did not take advantage of wine/cheese reception, it was really crowded. No business center, but computer to print boarding passes in lobby, no pool. Tricky to find, when you see Tom Condon's restaurant on corner, turn right and valet is on the left. They have a nice pillow menu. We called at 11pm to ask for one for pull out and he said housekeeping already gone, but then did bring two up. Complementary continental breakfast delivered to room was nice. Good choices and food was good. No restaurant on site, so they have to add these extra touches to compete. We didn't miss one though, so many just steps from the hotel. I don't blame them for not adding one. Turn down service with waters provided. Chocolates as well, but I would suggest they wrap them, not very appetizing looking. Front desk was helpful with maps and dining suggestions. So many little places to stay, would try another next time, but wouldn't mind doing a queen room here again.

Room Tip: Do a double queen instead of junior king suite, not worth price difference.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Curly8
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Curly8,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. I am disappointed to read that your second room was not to your expectations; I sincerly apologize for the disappointment. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again!

French Quarter Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (631)
Advance, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a terrace room for one night on 07/05/14.
Everything was superb. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are spectacular with everything one would need. The morning breakfast was delicious and we enjoyed it on our terrace overlooking Charleston.We plan on returning whenever in Charleston.

• Stayed July 2014
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Westw51,

I hope you are well back home in beautiful Advance, and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Staying at the French Quarter Inn is absolutely amazing and the staff is excellent. We will never stay anywhere else when visiting Charleston. It offers a perfect location, numerous amenities, and lots of southern charm. Overall, 5 star quality.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Yvette T,

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 3 July 2014

THE BEST PLACE TO STAY IN CHARLESTON! Superior in every way ... for instance, the friendliest and most helpful staff, the quality of the breakfast, and the many amenities (like TWO social hours/receptions EVERY DAY! One is at 5:30 with wine, cheese and other goodies and another one is at 8:30 with port wine and dessert). A very upscale Inn.

I have to mention some of the wonderful folks that made our stay very memorable: Glori and Meredith and the Front Desk, Mark and Trayvon at the Bellman's Desk (Valet), Hilary, Lilit and Jazzi at the evening receptions, Angel and Susan in Housekeeping and Cindy at Breakfast.

My wife and I cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tom_Larkin
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Tom_Larkin,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Ohio! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

San Jose, California
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The French Quarter Inn is a small (50 rooms), elegant, lovely hotel in the heart of Charleston's historic district........easy walking to everything! So many amenities...extensive continental breakfast, evening wine&cheese, cookies&milk later......turn down service..... many extra nice touches included. The staff very friendly/professional/helpful.......some of the best and attentive service we have ever encountered. From the valet/bell staff to the front desk (Jenny & Michelle were especially helpful w/directions, restaurant recommendations/reservations, etc. etc. etc!) and everyone in between.....the service level of this hotel is the icing on a beautiful cake.
Highly recommend it!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kathy G
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Kathy G,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful California! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Michelle says hello!

Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My family and I stayed at the FQI just a few weeks ago and what a fabulous hotel it is! I called prior to arrival inquiring if they offered almond milk as my 6 year old has a severe dairy intolerance; Scott answered the phone and said they normally don't carry it, however, they will purchase it and have it ready upon arrival. They sure did...within 15 minutes of arriving, I was immediately asked if my daughter needed a glass and whether I wanted the almond milk in our room or with the hotel kitchen.

Our room was not ready as we arrived earlier than planned but that was no issue. They took care of our bags, parked our car and Brent made wonderful lunch reservations at Blossom. From there we enjoyed our walk and were called once the room was ready. Our room was amazing. The beds and baths were beautiful and clean.

Concierge was so helpful and welcoming. Jenny was so kind and sweet with my girls (6,4) and gave us great ideas for each day of our stay.

I can't say enough about this hotel. From the rooms, to the food, to the service, this hotel is absolutely exquisite. Can't wait to go back.

Thank you FQI for making this such a memorable getaway.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank SalukiSandy
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear SalukiSandy,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Suwanee and that your Independence Day weekend was a great one! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Florida
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Absolutely loved this inn. Staff was pleasant and efficient; we wanted for nothing during our four day stay. We had a lovely suite with a huge balcony where we enjoyed breakfast each morning delivered with a smile and no extra charge. Bed was very comfortable; bathroom large with a nice oversized shower. Afternoon snacks and evening cookies were great. Inn is perfectly located for visiting historical Charleston. It is a block from the market, carriage rides, many beautiful homes, a few blocks from the bay front, and close to many of Charleston's best restaurants. Glori in reception and Trayvon who worked the bell and parking desk were especially cordial and helpful. We would opt for this inn again and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Even though it costs a little more, a room with a balcony is worth it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kamainatraveler,

I hope you are doing well back home in lovely Mililani! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Glori says hello!