Booked last minute, so had to change rooms. The double queen room was roomy, excellent beds and good price at $270. This room has a combination bath tub shower. The second room was a junior king suite. Disappointed to see it was actually the same room, one less window with a pull out couch instead of another bed. The bathroom had no tub, but nice walk in glass shower. The price difference was substantial, room was $455. Not worth the price difference at all and really can't call it a suite. Location is right next to the open air markets. We walked everywhere. Champagne at check in, although it took over 30 minutes to get our bags, we actually left to walk around before they came. They always have light snack and drinks available. Did not take advantage of wine/cheese reception, it was really crowded. No business center, but computer to print boarding passes in lobby, no pool. Tricky to find, when you see Tom Condon's restaurant on corner, turn right and valet is on the left. They have a nice pillow menu. We called at 11pm to ask for one for pull out and he said housekeeping already gone, but then did bring two up. Complementary continental breakfast delivered to room was nice. Good choices and food was good. No restaurant on site, so they have to add these extra touches to compete. We didn't miss one though, so many just steps from the hotel. I don't blame them for not adding one. Turn down service with waters provided. Chocolates as well, but I would suggest they wrap them, not very appetizing looking. Front desk was helpful with maps and dining suggestions. So many little places to stay, would try another next time, but wouldn't mind doing a queen room here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four Diamond Inn's newly redesigned rooms are inspired by the old world elegance of a Parisian chateau set against the architectural backdrop of Charleston's classic French Quarter. Red medallion-patterned draperies and damask chenille upholstery in hues of black, white and gold create a rich distinction between the fabrics and furniture, of the highest quality.Among many other amenities, guests of the hotel enjoy complimentary items such as: champagne and lady fingers at check-in, an evening wine and cheese reception, freshly baked cookies and milk, evening turn down service and gourmet continental breakfast in the lobby or served to your room. The over-sized guest rooms, some with working fireplaces, private balconies, and whirlpool tubs, provide imagery of an era gone by, but still grants contemporary amenities a sophisticated traveler has come to expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your French Quarter Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Quarter Hotel Charleston
- French Quarter Charleston
- French Quarter Inn Charleston Sc