“Excellent Location & Helpful Staff”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #2 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kennebunk, Maine
“Excellent Location & Helpful Staff”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Upon initial arrival in the portico, the valet commented that we would so enjoy the hotel that we would want to extend our stay. He was correct and we were very happy that we did. The entire facility projects a "like new" appearance due to diligent housekeeping and maintenance. Whether at the concierge, in the hallways or during the breakfast and cocktail hour.....all staff were friendly and anxious to please. We loved the coffee station in the hallway each morning and the outdoor seating for the complimentary breakfast. The FQI is centrally located and within easy walking distance of all the great restaurants. We love Charleston and will definitely select the FQI for our next visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear charles a,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Kennebunk! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again!

French Quarter Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (621)
Granite Falls, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 July 2014

If I could rate this fantastic property higher than excellent, I would. My wife and I chose French Quarter Inn, Charleston, SC for our 40th Anniversary destination. The amenities were outstanding. From the attention to detail, to the smoked salmon on the complimentary breakfast buffet, to the evening milk and cookies, I could detail the daily desire to please by the excellent staff. Many thanks to Brent for his attention to the details surrounding our anniversary celebration. An email asking for reservations to be handled is confirmed with a phone call and you don't have to worry about someone dropping the ball. Location in downtown is close to any type of restaurant you could want (and the straw market). The couples massage was wonderful. Thank you for making memories we will treasure.

Room Tip: The balcony suites have plenty of room and views of the city.
2 Thank Tim H
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Tim H,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Granite Falls! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us, and I thank you for choosing us to celebrate such a special--it was an absolute please to assist in making it a special one! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Newfane, New York, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at the French Quarter Inn (my wife's third). They won me over the very first stay and we will only stay at the FQI when we return. Whether it's the service, amenities, or rooms, the French Quarter Inn has everything (but a pool, but you won't need that).
The staff is friendly, the breakfast, wine reception, and late night cookies and milk are something we always look forward to.
The suites are more than perfect for two, giving you plenty of room to stretch out. Also, if you need to do business online, the internet is quick, unlike other hotels I have stayed.
Thank you once again for providing a relaxing, enjoyable, and outstanding stay for us. When we come back to Charleston, you'll be seeing us again!

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view of Charleston, but see if you can get one with a view of the Church. Gor...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jason M,

It was great having you back with us, and I hope all is well back home in New York! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit again with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Location and staff are definitely the best attributes of this hotel. We were able to walk to pretty much anywhere we wanted to go in downtown Charleston while also being a short cab or bike ride away from anything more on the outskirts of the city. Staff was friendly and welcoming from the minute we showed up, basically just not a five star for me as it didnt stand out as a truly outstanding experience, but i would confidently recommend the hotel and would stay if i returned to Charleston.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear FrendshipAndBroadway,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in New York! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The French Quarter Inn is absolutely fantastic. If you are looking for a great location by the Market and within walking distance to many restaurants and landmarks, this is the place for you. This is a small charming Southern Inn. It is very quiet and quaint. It was such a relaxing wonderful experience. If you prefer larger crowds, a bar, swimming pool and more hustle and bustle, then this is NOT the place for you. They offer a very nice breakfast, cheese and wine in the afternoon, and cookies and milk (or a Port wine) each evening. The Staff was very professional and pleasant. My understanding is that they will have a restaurant on location in the near future and that will be a wonderful addition to the Inn. I can't wait to return to Charleston and stay at the French Quarter Inn.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Jenkins6307,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Indiana!

Palo Alto
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had a family celebration in Charleston and stayed at this charming hotel for four nights. The rooms were large and well-appointed, but for us the best aspect was the complimentary breakfast, early-evening wine and cheese reception, tea and coffee throughout the day and in the evening milk and cookies. The lobby mad a perfect spot for a family to rest and refresh after an outing in Charleston. Instead of looking around for a Starbucks after an outing, we would regroup at the lobby where there were always complimentary refreshments. I invited a friend, who was not staying at the hotel, for breakfast and the clerk at the desk declined my request to pay for his breakfast. It really felt like a home away from home, except someone else made your bed and cleaned the dishes. The location could not have been better as it was in the central tourist area of Charleston. The only drawback is the hotel is in a rather generic multi-use building and from the exterior does not have much of a presence.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Eric451,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Palo Alto! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

BELLEROSE MANOR
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We spent three nights at the French Quarter Inn (7-9th of July) and it is truly a gem. The staff is professional, courteous, helpful, knowledgeable, and eager to make your stay a pleasant experience.
The room was a bit small, but as a tourist ( fromNew York City) we were out most of the day. The room was very comfortable, and the bathroom was plenty large enough. There is no bath but the pressure, and the hot water in the shower was impressive.
There are many, many places to eat in the immediate area-and I understand a "new" restaurant is coming soon to the Inn.
The front deask staff set up our taxi's and tours without a glitch or problem.
The continental breakfast was a hit for us as we like to get "out" early and the selection is fine for a short visit. Another bonus is the coffee service in the hall every morning as well as the cookies and milk at night.
A great hotel, perfectly located, and well worth the trip.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and despite the construction down the block we were not disturbed at a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear ANTOINE P,