“Best Hotel Ever.”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #1 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The French Quarter Inn is every bit deserving of its #1 ranking by reviewers. Not only is the property cozy, inviting and beyond spotless, the hospitality extended to guests is unlike any I've ever experienced in any five star hotel. The staff is genuinely friendly and attentive, and every need anticipated - I was amazed that one evening of our stay we got ready to make a trip to the ice machine - and lo and behold, our ice bucket was already filled and ready to go, just in case! The amenities go on and on - from the welcome glass of champagne, to the beautiful evening wine and cheese reception, to the always-present sweet tea, lavender lemonade, fruit-infused water and endless snacks. And they don't do themselves justice by referring to the "continental breakfast" included each morning, offering options far beyond cereal and baked goods, from smoked salmon to yogurt with homemade granola and fruit, hard boiled eggs - something for every palate. I could go on and on - but by far, this is the best hotel choice in Charleston, it beyond exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank keek922
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear keek922,

I hope all is well in beautiful South Shore! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again!

French Quarter Inn

Write a ReviewReviews (2,954)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our family of six spent 3 nights at the French Quarter Inn while visiting Charleston and surrounds.
Our stay was absolutely perfect - the entire staff including valet, hostess, front desk, and housekeeping were remarkable in every way! We were attended to for our every need and never were we disappointed. Look no further when visiting Charleston-do yourself a favor and stay at the French Quarter Inn-you will not regret it. Make sure to meet Grant at the front desk-he was most accommodating and sent us to the best restaurants in Charleston. Enjoy!

Room Tip: suite with balcony is spacious and has great city view
3  Thank Jay D

Dear Jay D,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Grant says hello!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The French Quarter Inn is not that old, but the decor makes it seem like it's right out of the olden days. The staff was tremendous. If you're looking for breakfast in bed, you'll get it, but since there is no kitchen on premises, It'll be a continental one only but it is free. That being said, the offerings satisfied me as I'm not looking to fill up on breakfast items in a buffet type setting.

Plenty of places to eat in the surrounding neighborhood. Just as Mr. Paul, who is a treasure trove of information when he is on duty. Construction on the street made it a little bothersome to get to some times, but not what I would call a negative. The only negative is no on-site parking so you'll be valet'ing it for ease.

The free wine and pickies (cheeses, crackers, fruit and a great salami) were a great bonus and we made sure we hit it every evening before dinner. Oh...and the M&M's & Jelly Beans are there all day.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeff G

Dear Jeff G,

I hope all is well back home in Bridgewater! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is our second visit to the French Quarter Inn, and again we could have not been any more pleased. The service, the ambience, the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, the exceptional happy hour, breakfasts, and evening treats are all first-class! I would not stay anywhere else. We love this inn!!

2  Thank pianist14

Dear pianist14,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Pennsylvania! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

A friend recommended this hotel a few years back and we finally got there. And what a treat! From Jenny at reservations to Marvin at the front desk and bellhops, it was all wonderful. Room lovely, breakfast delicious, and the goodies all day long-cold drinks in the lobby, appetizers and wine late afternoon and champagne all day! Wow! I loved the pillows on the bed but there were other choices to be had. And a super shower! We can't wait to go back. I am glad I live only 2 hours away in Hilton Head.

Jane

Room Tip: Where the hotel is located I believe all rooms would be good.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane H

Dear Jane H,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. I hope all is well on beautiful Hilton Head Island!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We travel to Charleston a couple of times a year and had never stayed at the French Quarter Inn. It's in an IDEAL location - right in the heart of the historic district - can't beat it. (We've stayed at Planter's Inn, and I would rate this as a better overall experience.) We rolled up to the valet stand super rushed to get to a memorial service on Folly Beach (and we still needed to dress). The valet guys were great and pulled our car right out to the street (turned in the appropriate direction and all) so we could slip into our clothes and rush back out. The front desk clerk couldn't have checked us in any quicker than she did when I told her we were in a huge rush. (The staff is very intuitive to their customers' needs.) The room was delightful - charming all around - especially loved the armoire closet. Very, very clean. Was thrilled to have ice, soft music playing and bedside bottled water when we returned back from the service - totally put me into a better mood. There was a lovely woman (blonde, middle aged) who was responsible for helping with the continental brunch in the lobby. It started raining outside, and I noticed that she grabbed an umbrella and ran out the door to help in a table of young girls. That's the kind of service that makes this place what it is. She later came over to us and apologized for the weather and asked about our plans. She made some lunch suggestions (after we asked her about her favorite local spots). I think she also made the call to leave breakfast out a little longer than typical due to the number of people enjoying. (She was just seemingly aware of everyone's needs, and her personality was upbeat/cheerful.) This hotel is all that you'd expect - extremely charming with competent staff. Even the cleaning ladies engaged us in conversation every time we walked out of our room. I LOVE that there's coffee and tea on every floor 24/7 too. Highly recommended. Not a single complaint or observation as to how it could be any better.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LillyCaroline

Dear LillyCaroline,

I hope all is well in the great city of Charlotte! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and your very detailed review. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I spent over a month researching various Charleston hotels for our guests for our son's wedding. I finally decided upon the French Quarter Inn. We worked with Karen Winn to select and reserve our guest rooms and to also reserve a meeting room for a luncheon prior to the wedding. Karen was fantastic to work with. When the caterer came to set up the room for the luncheon with plastic plates, cups and cutlery Karen had china plates, glasses and silver cutlery brought in. What a nice surprise that was! The room looked beautiful.

Also, Marvin from the front desk was extremely helpful. My parents are not well and were traveling in the morning of the wedding. I asked Marvin if it would be possible for them to please be able to check into a room on arrival (check in is normally at 4:00). He said he would see what he could do. The morning of the wedding I checked with him and he had a room available for my parents to check into on their arrival. I was so grateful to Marvin for the early checkin so my parents could have a place to nap before the wedding!

Also, the hotel is beautiful. It was a gorgeous venue for the wedding photos!

The hotel is also centrally located in Charleston, we did not need our cars and were able to walk every where we went.

The breakfasts each morning were fantastic, as was the delicious water with fresh herbs and lemons. Tea and coffee is available all day as well as cookies and wine in the early evening and port and cookies in the later evening. Champagne is offered at checkin and every morning with breakfast.

The entire staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I was so glad I had chosen the French Quarter Inn for our and our guests' stay. Everyone loved it! I look forward to visiting the French Quarter Inn again! It is truly a world class hotel!

Room Tip: Every room I saw was beautiful.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear JAD_NC,

I hope y'all are staying coll back home in beautiful Chapel Hill! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Marvin and Karen say hello!