“fabulous staff and great place to stay”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #2 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brooklyn, New York
“fabulous staff and great place to stay”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was the perfect place to stay in Charleston! It actually ended up raining most of our vacation so we were thrilled to have found such a cozy and beautiful hotel -- because we spent a LOT of time there! The staff is all terrific -- and Jenny hooked us up with reservations at a few restaurants that we couldn't get into ourselves as well as gave us great tips that made our time ever so more enjoyable! We will definitely return in the future!

1 Thank texastobrooklyn
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Dear texastobrooklyn,

I hope you are doing well back home in Brooklyn! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

French Quarter Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (621)
Miramar, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We just completed our 5 night stay at the French Quarter Inn and would like to express our gratitude to the staff and ownership for the most pleasant hotel experience we have ever had. The professionalism, cleanliness, and attention to detail made our time there so memorable. We took advantage of the in-room breakfast delivery a couple of times and were so impressed with ths service. We never felt nickeled and dimed...although the rates are higher than many of the surrounding hotels, the value is incredible. A beautiful breakfast, light afternoon snacks, evening milk and cookies, and unlimited lemonade, tea, and coffee around the clock all add up to a great value at this exclusive hotel. In addition, the nightly turndown service was just lovely! We felt so pampered by the excellent housekeeping staff. We could not have been more pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and had a beautiful view of the church steeple (room 203).
Green Features: I liked that the hotel offered both recyle and trash sections of the discard can in the room.
1 Thank CindyHolland
Dear CindyHolland,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. I hope you are doing well down in beautiful Florida!

Calabasas, California, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Having never been to the South I am so happy my first experience was at The French Quarter Inn. I have never had such wonderful and warm service by a hotel. It finally gave me the true understanding of Southern hospitality. If only all the people could be as nice as the people were in Charleston.
Michelle, at the front desk was so patient and helpful when my husband and I were looking for things to do.
The continental breakfast was quite good and filling. The staff was as friendly as could be, and the room was great. Perfect location too.
I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

2 Thank Faith Z
Dear Faith Z,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. I also hope all is well in beautiful California!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again! Also, Michelle says hello!

Connecticut
Reviewed 17 August 2014

There is a reason why this hotel is #1 on tripadvisor for Charleston hotels. It is sensational. If you're hungry here...it's your own fault. They feed you from 6:30AM until 10PM. Breakfast buffet, wine and cheese at 5:30PM and fresh cookies and port at 8:30. There is always coffee and a selection of iced drinks as well. Jelly Belly and M and M's too! The location is the best for walking around Charleston. The city's best restaurants and attractions are all within walking distance. The front desk staff was very accommodating especially Michelle who helped us with anything we needed. Linda, in food services, also went beyond to make sure we were well taken care of. I would plan a trip to Charleston based on the availability at this hotel. It's that good!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, Room 103, and it was so convenient to everything.
4 Thank TravellerQueen
Dear TravellerQueen,

I hope you are doing well up in beautiful Connecticut! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Michelle says hello!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Location- perfect.
Cleanliness- excellent
This hotel is beautiful. The staff was very nice, helpful and hospitable.
The amenities are excellent. I sincerely cannot come up with one thing I was not satisfied with.

The reception desk staff with whom I interacted were Brandi and Meredith. They epitomize Southern Hospitality and sweetness.

Thanks for a very nice stay!

Room Tip: My room was on the 3rd floor facing the bridge. Beautiful vista. Very quiet.
1 Thank Joseph A
Dear Joseph A,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Fort Lauderdale! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Brandi and Meredith both said hello and thank you!

Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Our stay at the French Quarter Inn far surpassed our expectations and spoiled us for any future hotel stays. Everyone from the valet/bellmen to the front desk clerks to the servers and housekeeping staff was pleasant and extremely accommodating. It is located in a quiet part of downtown Charleston and yet within easy walking distance to local attractions, dining and shopping.

1 Thank Laurie Y
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Laurie Y,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Canada! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Strongsville
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This hotel is wonderful the front desk gave you champagne at check in Jenny was excellent and gave us places that we had to go visit with our short time in Charleston, she took a lot of time answering questions and personally helping us with our travel, after we stayed one night we really wanted to stay another and she went above and beyond to arrange this she was a great person. Breakfast was wonderful, the outdoors was peaceful to sit and relax while eating, the snacks and cookies was a great perk. The hotel room was luxury the ceiling fan was a great perk for the humid hot weather they were having. Would recommend this hotel to anyone, the proximity to everything in Charleston could not be beat!

Room Tip: we stayed on the second and then the third floor and it was very quiet and cool
3 Thank Cheryl K
Dear Cheryl K,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Strongsville!