3,259 results
All reviews pillow menu glass of champagne cookies and milk wine and cheese jelly beans port wine detox water pillow concierge champagne on arrival continental breakfast turn down service m ms evening cookies quiche early evening within walking distance upon check
Reviewed 20 August 2014

From the start of our stay to the very end, it was the best hotel we could remember staying at. Beautiful interior design, artwork and features. Location was hard to beat, being close to the old market, most shopping areas, restaurants, as well as a fairly close walk to the Battery and most other Charleston attractions. We had plenty of room for our three sons, and the suite and bathroom were very well appointed and extremely comfortable. Best of all, we loved the attention to service details and perks. Eg. regular refreshments (husband loved the daily provision of lemonade and other cold drinks, steady flow of bottled water each day, and evening wine and port) and other treats. This was esp. helpful to relieve our thirst after very warm and humid summer Charleston weather. Very helpful and accommodating staff (providing bag storage before and after our stay, courtesy umbrellas when it rained, tour information, etc.). All in all, the French Quarter Inn, helped make our Charleston stay enjoyable and memorable.

2  Thank Julie C
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Dear Julie C,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Toronto! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had a wonderful experience at FQI. The service couldn't have been better. Accommodations were very nice and comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed the marvelous breakfast every morning and the wine and cheese reception every evening before going out for dinner. Services provided by Marvin, Michelle, Travon and Will were excellent and made us feel so at home.
What great Southern hospitality at its best!

Room Tip: Junior Suite was very nice and accommodated 3 adult women comfortably. Hotel should be recommended for adults as children were almost an intrusion and noisy for this quiet, charming atmosphere.
1  Thank Sandra W

Dear Sandra W,

I hope all is well back home in beautiful Illinois! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Marvin, Michelle, Travon and Will all say hello!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was the perfect place to stay in Charleston! It actually ended up raining most of our vacation so we were thrilled to have found such a cozy and beautiful hotel -- because we spent a LOT of time there! The staff is all terrific -- and Jenny hooked us up with reservations at a few restaurants that we couldn't get into ourselves as well as gave us great tips that made our time ever so more enjoyable! We will definitely return in the future!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank texastobrooklyn

Dear texastobrooklyn,

I hope you are doing well back home in Brooklyn! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We just completed our 5 night stay at the French Quarter Inn and would like to express our gratitude to the staff and ownership for the most pleasant hotel experience we have ever had. The professionalism, cleanliness, and attention to detail made our time there so memorable. We took advantage of the in-room breakfast delivery a couple of times and were so impressed with ths service. We never felt nickeled and dimed...although the rates are higher than many of the surrounding hotels, the value is incredible. A beautiful breakfast, light afternoon snacks, evening milk and cookies, and unlimited lemonade, tea, and coffee around the clock all add up to a great value at this exclusive hotel. In addition, the nightly turndown service was just lovely! We felt so pampered by the excellent housekeeping staff. We could not have been more pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and had a beautiful view of the church steeple (room 203).
1  Thank CindyHolland

Dear CindyHolland,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. I hope you are doing well down in beautiful Florida!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Having never been to the South I am so happy my first experience was at The French Quarter Inn. I have never had such wonderful and warm service by a hotel. It finally gave me the true understanding of Southern hospitality. If only all the people could be as nice as the people were in Charleston.
Michelle, at the front desk was so patient and helpful when my husband and I were looking for things to do.
The continental breakfast was quite good and filling. The staff was as friendly as could be, and the room was great. Perfect location too.
I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Faith V

Dear Faith Z,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. I also hope all is well in beautiful California!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again! Also, Michelle says hello!