3,292 results
All reviews pillow menu cookies and milk glass of champagne wine and cheese jelly beans port wine detox water champagne on arrival continental breakfast turn down service m ms evening cookies quiche within walking distance early evening southern hospitality upon check
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We've had the pleasure of staying at the French Quarter Inn several times in the past and have always had a wonderful experience and this stay did not disappoint! This hotel is centrally located and perfect for touring. We took our daughter and her fiancé to Charleston for their first visit as an engagement gift. They were both so excited and enjoyed their stay very much. We arrived early as we planned to spend the whole day touring. We were met by Peter, the valet, who graciously greeted us and stored our luggage and valet parked our car. We went to the lobby desk to see if our rooms might be ready/or check in. Marvin is a wonderful host at the front desk who made arrangements for our rooms which would be ready later in the afternoon. We've had the pleasure of meeting Marvin in the past and he has always been tops. He makes you feel very welcome and at home. We lunched at Husk, the chef is from top chef, and then toured around the city by foot. Our rooms were ready around 2. We received a lovely glass of Champagne and proceeded to our rooms. We stayed in room 313 which was a suite and had a wonderful balcony overlooking the market. This room has a fireplace and was very bright with natural light. The room was clean and smelled great. The furnishings appeared brand new with no obvious wear and tear, very well taken care of. The bathroom was marble with a very large walk in shower and separate soaking tub. (Much needed after walking around Charleston all day) The towels were plentiful and soft. The bed and bed linens were extremely comfortable. The room also had a DVD player, a large screen TV as well as a safe for your valuables. Susan was our room attendant and kept our room spotless. At 5:30 there is a wine and cheese get together. A beautiful arrangement of cheeses with fruit, crackers, breads, antipasto meats and a variety of olives were featured. The wine served was very good although I don't know the brand. There are a variety of seating areas in the lobby and also on the patio to enjoy. Lily was one of the hostesses who was very attentive to our needs. The get together was well attended and it was delicious. Later in the evening there was an offering of delicious cookies, milk and port wine. During the day there is always coffee and tea as well as several types of infused cold waters. My favorite was the Lavender Basil. That was sooo good and refreshing. Additionally there are two candy containers, M&M's and jelly beans. I'm a chocoholic so they probably had to call out for more M&M's! The hotel offer's bicycles for those who are adventurous and want to see the historic district by bike. Breakfast was served the next morning in the lobby and also availably by room services. One of the things we like about this hotel is the coffee cart in the hallways in the morning. So nice to grab a good cup of coffee to enjoy in bed before going to breakfast. We enjoyed the continental breakfast. The breakfast featured fresh fruits, yogurt, fresh pastries, bagels and smoked salmon, quiche and toast as well as other offerings. Also available was juices, coffees, milk and tea, We had our breakfast on the patio and it was so relaxing. We checked out of the hotel in the morning but checked our luggage until we were ready to leave. The hotel allows you to check your luggage and keep your car in valet until 3pm on check out day which was a very nice option for us. We are already looking forward to our next visit!

Room tip: Rooms facing the market on a higher floor.
1  Thank torpeedo
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2014

Dear torpeedo,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in lovely Lexington! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us, I thank you for such a detailed review! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I selected this hotel, based on reviews I read on Tripadvisor, so I'm passing on the favor! We had a beach home rental on Isle of Palms, beginning on a Saturday, but wanted to spend a couple nights In Charleston, before heading to the beach. Every contact I had with the French Quarter Inn, from reserving it, to checking out, was a pleasure. We arrived Thursday around 1pm (after having driven 12 hours thru the night, so we were tired!) and they were able to accomodate us right away. We had a jr. suite on the first floor, and were thrilled with the amount of room we had. This is one of the only hotels in Charleston that offers 2 queen beds, instead of just doubles. We had 3 of us the first night, and 5 of us the 2nd night, and still had room to move around! They allowed my son to park his car under the valet parking area, even tho they were closed for the evening, since he arrived at 1am in the morning. I need to remark on the wonderful food they provide! The breakfast buffet is laid out so artistically, and everything is tasty. They did have a bit of re-stocking problems, toward the final 1/2 hour of the buffet, but nothing they didn't try hard to correct. The wine and cheese hour in the late afternoon was much nicer than we expected! Cookies and milk in the evening...what more can I say? The concierge set up our walking tour Friday morning with Two Sisters Tours, which was exceptional as well! My entire family was very impressed with this hotel. I would highly recommend it to anyone! I hope this information will encourage yet another lucky family to stay here!

Date of stay: July 2014
1  Thank Kathleen C

Dear KathyC105,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful New York! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Ohio!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Again a wonderful stay at the French Quarter Inn. I have tried many hotels in the Charleston downtown and none compare to the service and quality of the FQI. The staff is friendly and the welcoming glass of champagne is my cup of tea. My son is a "5th" year student at C of C so Im there a lot and try to only stay here. I recommend the room with a balcony so nice looking over Market street.

1  Thank cynture

Dear cynture,

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Believe every word of the positive reviews. I just returned from a two week journey down and up the eastern coast. The French Quarter Inn was, by far, the best hotel we stayed at. The room was amazing. We were in room 320 and had an enormous balcony with a view of the city. The staff is equally amazing. I would return in a heartbeat.

1  Thank nbptlh
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2014

Dear nbptlh,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Massachusetts! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. I love room 320 too!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

My wife and I stopped here for a few days to unwind after dropping our daughter off at college. From the moment we arrived, everyone went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and happy. We really enjoyed the continental breakfast, the wine/cheese every early evening, and the cookies at night. Tea, lemonade, water, and coffee were available all day in the relaxing lobby. Our room was spacious and nicely furnished. The hotel is ideally situated with nearly everything you can think of within walking distance. We had a wonderful visit!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mitch S

Dear Mitch S,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Virginia! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.