“Fabulous place to stay in Charleston!”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #2 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rockville, MD
“Fabulous place to stay in Charleston!”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Went to Charleston for a girls week to celebrate 30 years of friendship. We stayed our first 2 nights at the French Quarter Inn. We were greeted warmly and check-in was a breeze. We were given Mimosa upon check-in. Our room was beautifully decorated, comfortable and spacious. The hotel offered cheese, fruit and wine from 5-6 PM and cookies and milk in the late evening after returning from a day of sightseeing. A healthy breakfast was included each morning. The front desk agents and bellman called us by name and all staff including housekeepers were friendly and more than willing to help with directions or recommendations. Chuck the bellman was awesome. The location is fabulous and close to the open market and the historic homes. We walked everywhere. This hotel is definitely worth the money especially with all the perks!! Summer time is less expensive and we even got a gift card to one of the local restaurants. Truly southern hospitality at its best! We can't wait to return.

Green Features: Linen reuse, energy efficient lights, recycle bins in rooms.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Londabarry
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 29 September 2014
Dear BarryLonda,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Maryland! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again!

French Quarter Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (621)
Reviewed 29 August 2014

My husband and I wanted to getaway for a couple days to celebrate our 35th anniversary. We chose the French Quarter Inn, in part because of the positive reviews and they are all true. When we arrived in Charleston we had a bit of a problem finding the entrance to the Inn. A front desk person stayed on the phone with us providing directions until we were at the front door. We were impressed with all of the staff ; the front desk, housekeeping, servers valet parkers. ( We really enjoyed Charles) They provided incredible service and made great recommendations. I would say I was surprised that when they asked how are day was they were really interested. The accommodations were wonderful. You just can't beat the location. We loved walking out of the Inn to the market in Charleston. The only thing lacking was some type of workout facility. But, I am told that is in the works. We would absolutely go back again. Next time we would reserve a room with a balcony. We are grateful to all of the staff, we are so grateful that you helped to make our anniversary so special.

4 Thank Melody R
Dear Melody R,

I thank you for such a detailed and wonderful review! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

North Carolina
Reviewed 28 August 2014

This hotel is as close to perfect as it gets - it's worth every penny. There are so many good things I don't even know where to begin. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful (Will in the valet is awesome!). Location to everything couldn't have been better. The in-room breakfast and evening reception (wine and cheese) was fabulous. I have already recommended this to my friends. Definitely a "must stay" place when visiting Charleston.

• Stayed August 2014
6 Thank NCUWT
Dear NCUWT,

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again, and I hope all is well back home in beautiful North Carolina!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Truly flawless experience for those who love boutique hotel experiences. French style meets Southern hospitality right next to Market Street in Charleston. Our kids found the nightly milk and cookies quite yummy. Wife and I watched the amazing thunderstorms from the balcony while sipping (complimentary) champagne. Worth every penny.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank JustinG788
Dear JustinG788,

Wow, I thank you for such high praise! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. I hope all is well in beautiful Washington!

Lorain, Ohio
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This is by far one of the best hotel stays we have ever had. Our first trip to Charleston was made memorable by the warm greeting we received when we arrived, by the front desk clerk, Glori. She and the day shift clerk, Marvin were very helpful in getting us information about the city and pointing out places to see and eat. Cindy and Sandy were spot on with the morning breakfast, and were more than happy to accommodate your needs. Clean rooms, gracious turndown service every evening, and great location as well.The staff at French Quarter Inn are some of the friendliest people you will meet, and that's what makes it such a nice place to stay.

Dear TonynWendy,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Ohio! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Glori and Marvin says hello!

Princeton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My husband and I had always wanted to go to Charleston, SC. So for my birthday this year we stayed at the French Quarter Inn, Charleston. It was an amazing hotel. The interior and furnishings were great, beautiful actually, very reminiscent of hotels in the French Quarter of New Orleans.
Our room was excellent and very comfortable. In the service was impeccable. They had a diverse and delicious continental breakfast served with Mimosas and Bloody Mary's. They had a wine and cheese reception every afternoon and cookies and milk at night.
A great place to stay.

Room Tip: I am sure every room is great.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank elainebovaird5
Dear elainebovaird5,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! I am also happy that we helped contribute to such a special occasion! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Massachusetts!

Charleston, SC
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Loved it! Outstanding service and a prime location! One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at and I have traveled all over the US (26 years in the Navy). Everything that downtown Charleston has to offer is within very short walking distance.

2 Thank LowcountryRealtor
Dear LowcountryRealtor,

Wow! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.