Ok - the hotel is certainly not bad but since everyone is writing raving reviews here, let me be the one that sticks out his neck and gives you a bit of an unlugged view:
- Location, location, location
- wow - this must be a 50" flat screen TV......
- public areas of the hotel are very well taken care off and look quite elegant
- So-so A/C
- This hotel aspires to convey a Parisian flair - well it has succeeded in providing a trampoline like bed which is unbelievably soft and I am happy to say that we only had to stay two nights as this morning (2nd night) my back is definetely voicing its objection
- bathroom is very nice and posh with much marble but what happened with the shower / tub area? Looks like a sheraton: Platic siding with some cracks and maybe some mildew
- the walls are paper thin and you can hear your neighbor's TV at night
- breakfast is complimentary but only continental and even for that very slim selection. My view, either offer a decent breakfast or non at all but this is almost comical
- No pool or gym or spa, which of course was more important to my wife - I would check out the "Charlestone Place" which seems to offer more amenities
- no concierge service to speak of - we just came down from the Outer Banks where we had an unbelievable concierge experience. I am not saying that the front desk staff was not willing, but I think they are just not equipped to provide this service, which at this price I would highly expect
There you have it - I focused a little bit more on the shortcomings but overall I would say it is a good hotel. I must say though that it is one the expensive side for what you get.
Enjoy your travel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four Diamond Inn's newly redesigned rooms are inspired by the old world elegance of a Parisian chateau set against the architectural backdrop of Charleston's classic French Quarter. Red medallion-patterned draperies and damask chenille upholstery in hues of black, white and gold create a rich distinction between the fabrics and furniture, of the highest quality.Among many other amenities, guests of the hotel enjoy complimentary items such as: champagne and lady fingers at check-in, an evening wine and cheese reception, freshly baked cookies and milk, evening turn down service and gourmet continental breakfast in the lobby or served to your room. The over-sized guest rooms, some with working fireplaces, private balconies, and whirlpool tubs, provide imagery of an era gone by, but still grants contemporary amenities a sophisticated traveler has come to expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your French Quarter Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Quarter Hotel Charleston
- French Quarter Charleston
- French Quarter Inn Charleston Sc