After spending our first night in Charleston at the Courtyard on the river we were ready to go back to Michigan. But, we decided to try the #1 hotel on trip advisor and made a reservation at the French Quarter Inn. It was by far, one of the best hotels we have ever encountered.
We arrive early, 11:30 am and were immediately given a room, just what we had ordered!
After checking in and depositing our luggage in a lovely, clean room with a large bathroom, we went on a tour of the city. Upon returning at 3 pm, we were given champagne and cookies and later in the early evening, wine and cheese, eaten on the beautiful upper courtyard. And when we returned after dinner, again, another treat, warm chocolate chip cookies!
We chose to have the complimentary breakfast delivered to our room, a royal treat! The pastries were warm, the juice cold and the coffee hot. Did I mention there was coffee and tea available in our hallway, 24-7???
The entire staff treated us as though we were honored guests. The valet, staff at check in, the woman who delivered our breakfast, to those who cared for our room, were outstanding.
We will never stay at another hotel in Charleston. It doesn't get any better than this!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four Diamond Inn's newly redesigned rooms are inspired by the old world elegance of a Parisian chateau set against the architectural backdrop of Charleston's classic French Quarter. Red medallion-patterned draperies and damask chenille upholstery in hues of black, white and gold create a rich distinction between the fabrics and furniture, of the highest quality.Among many other amenities, guests of the hotel enjoy complimentary items such as: champagne and lady fingers at check-in, an evening wine and cheese reception, freshly baked cookies and milk, evening turn down service and gourmet continental breakfast in the lobby or served to your room. The over-sized guest rooms, some with working fireplaces, private balconies, and whirlpool tubs, provide imagery of an era gone by, but still grants contemporary amenities a sophisticated traveler has come to expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your French Quarter Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Quarter Hotel Charleston
- French Quarter Charleston
- French Quarter Inn Charleston Sc