“Love this place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Spice & Tea Exchange

The Spice & Tea Exchange
Ranked #8 of 80 Shopping in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: Begin the adventure by exploring the finest in savory spices, gourmet teas and seasonings. Our cooking herbs, spice blends and rubs are hand-selected for your cooking pleasure. Our gourmet teas are enjoyed by tea lovers across the nation. A culinary delight awaits you inside our site. We combine traditional and exotic gourmet spices, cooking herbs and seasonings from around the globe in the preparation of our 60+ hand-mixed signature blends and rubs. Packaging by the ounce allows you to experiment as you journey through our vast selection of spices and seasonings. Be forewarned! Many of our customers tell us that shopping with us for your gourmet seasoning needs is addictive. You just might find yourself opening up one of our quaint spice franchises in YOUR hometown.
Summerville, South Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We take several trips a year downtown just to get more spices and teas from here! It has to be one of the best smelling places in downtown Charleston.

Visited May 2014

Silver Spring, Maryland
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great place to smell and taste the product.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife and I are big tea drinkers and are always looking for different flavors to try. This place did not disappoint. It was fun smelling the custom tea blends and deciding which to buy. They also have an excellent variety of salts, spices and sugars. I will admit I did boil some when I got home to make Ice tea and it was not as flavorful as the aroma but I will let it boil longer next and add more tea.

Visited March 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Pricey but Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

We went to this place on a whim while waiting for dinner. They had some surprising spices and really liked the layout. Since it was our first time we decided not to go overboard. I bought some coconut sugar (you have to try this in coffee) and my boyfriend bought some chocolate salt (it's good on homemade sweet potato fries).

We're headed back to Charleston this April for the Family Circle Cup and are going to make it a point to stop in here again. It's a nice little place.

Visited April 2013
Prospect,Ky
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A Cook's Paradise!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Any Spice you need-it's here!!! A great little place. I don't thini there is a spice they do not have. Everyone working in there is very knowledgeable and helpful. Add this store to your list to visit while in Charleston!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank MA D
Bossier City, Louisiana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best smelling shop in Charleston!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

From the moment you step in the door your senses are in aroma heaven. Spices, teas and wonderful service. I purchased several varieties of tea, and have been enjoying them since I returned home. A wonderful souvenir of the Holy City.

Visited June 2013