“Surprisingly delicous!”

Belgian Gelato
Ranked #4 of 36 Dessert in Charleston
Cuisines: Belgian, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Traditional freshly made gelato inspired by the flavors of Belgian Chocolates. Belgian Gelato specializes in true classic gelato flavors that are made fresh in each store every morning. Authentically made from scratch Belgian Dessert Waffles are baked fresh to order and are topped with a variety of delicious warm topping and/or gelato. Traditional Belgian Toasti sandwiches are toasted fresh to order and are the perfect snack. Novelty and classic coffee beverages are available to compliment any order. Belgian Gelato Shops are recognized by their Art Deco interior, crisp, clean environment and outstanding customer service. Come visit us at one of our shops in downtown Charleston to sample our delicious gelato!
Florida
“Surprisingly delicous!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I'm normally not a fan of gelato, but my kids insisted on going here--and I'm so glad we did! Belgian Gelato is right across the street from Waterfront Park, so the location is perfect if you're checking out historic Charleston.

The store itself is very small with only a few seats, and there are a lot of customers going in and out. There are many flavors, and the employees are happy to let you sample them before deciding on a flavor. My son and I had the Belgian Extreme Chocolate, which was very rich--it tasted like heaven! My other son had vanilla, and he finished the entire cup, which is surprising because he is really picky about ice cream in general. My husband enjoyed the chocolate peanut butter. They also sell pastries, so I bought a chocolate-covered croissant for later, and it was excellent.

As far as prices, the smallest cup is just over $4.00, which we ordered, and prices go up from there. For us, the small cup size was just right. You can also eat it on a waffle cone. If you order the cup, they also place a mini waffle cone on top--so cute and delicious!

I would highly recommend stopping by here for an after lunch (or dinner) dessert or if you're craving some good gelato!

• Visited June 2014

• Korean first
Belfry
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

You've got to get your cone covered in chocolate! We would have gone back every night for dessert!! The staff was very friendly too!

“Yummy Gelato”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I had the French vanilla gelato. It was good but over priced for how much you get. I wish they had the waffles like I saw in an earlier trip advisor review.

1 Thank jenba97
Prattville, Al
“Great little place!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped by and really enjoyed it. The girls working were friendly and were patient while we decided what we wanted. The waffle cones are awesome! I'd definitely stop by again!

• Visited May 2014
Greeley, Colorado
“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

decadent! PIstachio gelato was to die for. It was so rich and tasty and next door to Harvourview Inn

Visited May 2014